Benny Update

General Biker Banter
Anotherbikerbabe

Re: Benny Update

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Anotherbikerbabe wrote: . Martin was a real character, a chancer, a loveable tyke and rogue
that is a great summary of him :thumbup: .......he was no saint, but his big heart, the fact that he would go out of his way to help another biker, even if he didnt know them, and his sense of houmour ......... this is what made him the man we remember
He was that, indeedy, he'll looking down at us all now and going "aww ffs,stop with the fussing already" lol.. He really will be laughing at us lot crying our bloody eyes out... He'll be sorely missed by a lot of folk..Donation sent..
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
mickmickthegeek

Post by mickmickthegeek »

Hi Jazz, Such sad news. Please PM me your paypal so I can send a donation for Benny's Family.
Michael
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Jazz, you should have mine too.

Sorry it's not more.
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Storm Trooper

Post by Storm Trooper »

Really is such sad sad news. These barriers can be a life saver for cars, but are lethal for bikers. One of my mates nearly lost his life 2 years ago to these type of barriers.

Would so like to attend and pay respects, but unfortunately won't be able to make it down. Please pass on my regards to his friends and family from us up here in Scotland.
Keep Her Lit !
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

shite news this i didn't no him but as you can see from these posts he was a much loved and respected member R.I.P mate i will be sending a donation when i get paid on friday :(
Regards ian
banksy

Post by banksy »

Please see other post about the rideout this sunday
Anybody who doesnt do paypal or wont have cash til the weekend can donate on sunday personally if attending the ride out.
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Hi all
I'm Benny's/Martin's sister and I've been reading through all your posts with Mum. We just wanted to let you know that it means a lot to us that so many of you have posted your memories, photos and best wishes. We're absolutely heartbroken, of course, but it's good to know that so many of you loved him for the same reasons we did (kind, thoughtful, irritating, funny, a bit crazy...)
There are no firm plans for the funeral as yet as we're waiting for the paperwork to be sorted, but we'd love it if some of his biker friends could join us. We will either post the details on here or will pass it on via members of the biker community.
We'll hope to see some of you for the ride out on Sunday. Ride safely.
Dianne (sister) and Rita (mum) xxx
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Many thanks for your kind words at this difficult time. I hope that it brings comfort to you that so many held him in such high regard.

If there is anything at all we can do, please ask.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Like Jazz said, if we can help in any way please ask.
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

+1
I could not have put it better myself Jazz.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

48 hours after the horrible event the members of this fine forum should stand proud.

We have raised £700 which is a staggering amount of money to raise in such a short space of time.

It raises my spirits to know that I am amongst good friends.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Payment sent. RIP Benny.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Pm sent.

Bennys sister. As said above, thanks for the kind words. It means a lot. I know to you and your family we are just words on a screen, random strangers with no physical connection to you and yours. To Benny we were extended family, we shared not only a love of bikes but a love of the same bike. He was a valuable member here, respected, laughed at on occasion, and loved by many. Some of us met him and some of us, myself included, never had the chance but through this forum we all felt like we knew him well. He never really gave us any choice in that with his prolific posts. Didn't matter what you posted Benny was always on hand to help out or take the piss. I'm struggling to accept he won't be posting any more here or on fb.

His passing has cut deeply and I couldn't even begin to imagine what you are going through. My thoughts are with you all through this painful time.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jazzscot wrote:48 hours after the horrible event the members of this fine forum should stand proud.

We have raised £700 which is a staggering amount of money to raise in such a short space of time.

It raises my spirits to know that I am amongst good friends.
WOW that is fantastic, especially as you say Jazz, in such a short space of time.

Well done to everyone who has made this possible,

Chris.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

pinkyfloyd wrote:Pm sent.

Bennys sister. As said above, thanks for the kind words. It means a lot. I know to you and your family we are just words on a screen, random strangers with no physical connection to you and yours. To Benny we were extended family, we shared not only a love of bikes but a love of the same bike. He was a valuable member here, respected, laughed at on occasion, and loved by many. Some of us met him and some of us, myself included, never had the chance but through this forum we all felt like we knew him well. He never really gave us any choice in that with his prolific posts. Didn't matter what you posted Benny was always on hand to help out or take the piss. I'm struggling to accept he won't be posting any more here or on fb.

His passing has cut deeply and I couldn't even begin to imagine what you are going through. My thoughts are with you all through this painful time.
Well said, couldn't have put it better myself..It has affected so many people...Tragic..
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!