not good start..

General Biker Banter
playerone

not good start..

Post by playerone »

to this years TT - Just been officially confirmed that Yoshinari Matsushita lost his life in tonights practice session. thats from John McGuinness facebook page :(
Miztaziggy

Re: not good start..

Post by Miztaziggy »

Always really sad to see news like this and thoughts always with his family and friends :(

RIP
Rob

Post by Rob »

Didn't he have a bad accident a few years ago?

A tragedy, as always, but this is not something you can do year after year - it's so dangerous that eventually a serious accident is inevitable. These guys have the admiration of all of us and they know the risks. Still, it's heart breaking when it happens but I hope the TT continues - there are very few ways you can risk your life these days due to Health and Safety, so long may this continue for those with the balls big enough to take it on. :(

Those who do win will always be heroes to every biker.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
darkember

Post by darkember »

UK has no jurisdiction over the Isle of Mann. The TT will never be banned unless the Isle of Mann itself stops it. In my view its the purist road race in the world pitting rider/machine against the clock. Yes its deadly dangerous but all those that take it on know the risks & must feel so alive when riding it.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

darkember wrote:UK has no jurisdiction over the Isle of Mann. The TT will never be banned unless the Isle of Mann itself stops it. In my view its the purist road race in the world pitting rider/machine against the clock. Yes its deadly dangerous but all those that take it on know the risks & must feel so alive when riding it.
agree i saw somthing other day in the Mirror paper about a group campaigning to get the isle of man to have speed limits on the mountains, they basically said not a chance this is how it is,we do have speed limits where applicable in towns and villages

was just reading about Yoshi on BBC news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/22684974

very sad but at least he went doing something he loved, beats having a heart attack in the high street
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It is sad when a rider gets killed for sure.

I went there many years ago and enjoyed every single minute of it. The problem is if you do come off you're very lucky if you survive the crash.

RIP Yoshinari Matsushita

Chris.