what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

very tired tonight, been out on the bike with carl the spanner monkey, set off for macs this morning, it was very windy on the way to his. he's in good spirits considering he's going under the knife tomorrow. good luck with the op buddy... :thumbup:
after sorting out a few things for mac, we went over to see duffy and his 3 storms. i followed carl the blood hound, who got a wee bit lost and we ended up in maidstone, god knows how. must have put an extra 30miles on our journey... :lol:
all good fun, we even had to ride for a couple of miles on loose chippings, which is bloody scary.... :eek2
once at duffy's we set about getting his new/used bikes engine running. the first attempt failed because none of the pipes were connected to the tank.... :lol:
but once we sorted it out, it started up and sounded very good indeed, found out the bikes a 28k with full service history.... :thumbup:
can't believe what a bargain it was, well done duffy.
all in all a fun day.... :thumbup:
my shoulders and neck are sore but the new seat was fantastic, soooo comfortable, the best £90 i've ever spent on the bike, if you do bigs miles get your seat re-foamed and recovered..... :wink:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Tue May 21, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

gl_s_r wrote:Not what I wanted it to look like in the "end of the rebuild" but put the last few bits on this morning and booking it in for it's MOT next week so I can at least get a summer out of it!

Very, very nice Mark. Well done mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I thrashed my bike today along Tony's test track. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Had cnc sprocket cover made
Check pimp my bike
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I had a visit from Marty & Carl, and we fired up the Streetfighter Project Storm

Cheers guys,Your help was fantastic :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am even happier with the deal, engine sounds sweet as the service history suggested and cant wait to set about it when I get time :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

cybercarl wrote:What do you guys do to deter the Deer as the light wont make any difference to them.

15 of us had a night ride around London over the weekend there was a lot of animals around the West End and in the City. We even saw some piglits :lol:

Carl, nothing much to do except be ready for any surprises and know your limits, some use the dear/animal whistlers like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pack-4pc-SONI ... %26ps%3D54
But I have a doubt it works, as they may end up crossing your path anyway when they get scared, I had a few close calls during day time on some hair pin turns where you don't see whats behind the corner
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

gl_s_r wrote:Not what I wanted it to look like in the "end of the rebuild" but put the last few bits on this morning and booking it in for it's MOT next week so I can at least get a summer out of it!

That is an awesome machine you got there mate :thumbup: I love everything about it!
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

WOW!!!!!! That looks amazing!!!!! May just be the best looking VTR I have seen yet...... :thumbup:
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Thanks for all the comments, It's just a shame I couldn't finish it but I took Marty's advice, threw it together so I could at least get some time out on it... so looking forward to it as it's been too long and gutted I missed the Monopoly run.

As for the forks, yes had them done there and the rear one swapped out for WP at the same time and he set it all up for my weight etc, really liked the guy and it was strange to watch someone else take your bike out for a test ride.. don't live near there but it was a chance for a good ride out and then after the changes an even better ride back.

I am going to get the hangers anodised to match all the other stuff but had them on there to make sure everything lined up.. now it does I will be sending them away next week and they should come back the same colour as the sprocket cover, rear sets etc.

Once again thanks for the comments and hopefully next year it should look better and more finished.

lastly one more image from the other side..

Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

It does look very nice. Good work :thumbup:

Washed mine today ready for this weekends meet in Yorkshire. Have not had time to polish today but if I get chance tomorrow I shall. Still trying to find my sleeping bag, 2 days I have been looking for it now :crazy:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

very nice work mark..... :thumbup:
i might be putting another late night ride around london together for august. keep your eyes on the rideout section..... :wink:
did a mini tour of essex today, picked up a rhs fairing with infill panels and front indicator for £55, then i did the duff man a favor and picked up some shiny wheels for him. tonight i have to collect some hoses from hoo near macs, i might see if i can go on the bike.
one little rub mark that needs touching in
Last edited by agentpineapple on Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

Took it for a photo shoot
Around back of house :D

new camera 8)
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
seb421

Post by seb421 »

gl_s_r wrote:

That looks the business that! love all the little touches like the sprocket cover and the underslung rear caliper and those rearsets look expensive,

those brakes look like they would stop a truck!

The white stilettos look good too :thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mark the one thong your missing is a crash bung for the cans. How about something along the lines of the following.

==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

whats a bike thong then carl........... :eek2

good idea about the crash bung for your exhaust, looks better than those big r&g exhaust protectors....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!