Olympics

General Biker Banter
boz

Re: Olympics

Post by boz »

tony.mon wrote:I was quite impressed with the way that coincidentally no other news of any importance happened during those two weeks. Even Al Q'eada was having the time off, probably glued to the screen.
Prior to that two weeks the situation in Syria, the middle east in general, pork belly rices in the mid-west, what colour socks Mr President had for breakfast, by-election results from obscure parts of the kingdom and disappearing teenagers, that mysteriously get found in a room only searched twice before by Her Majesty's Finest, all of these occurred (and more) on the news programs.

But during the Limp Pigs, nothing more exciting than people running, jumping, falling down and riding bicycles was happening.

I'm amazed with all that running, jumping etc going on they had time to broadcast the weather.

Thank God we're back to normal, and I can keep up with all the riots, coups, murders, drug busts, assaults, posturing politicians and general rich tapestry of life once more.

It was getting very boring for a while.....

Only the Parrot Limp Pigs to go (sigh) - it's the same thing, repeated, in cheaper venues and with lighter athletes. And the cycling means events cancelled and road closures at Brands Hatch! How dare they...........
Things put in to perfect perspective by Tonymon.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
CBR900rr Fireblade
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

boz wrote:
tony.mon wrote:I was quite impressed with the way that coincidentally no other news of any importance happened during those two weeks. Even Al Q'eada was having the time off, probably glued to the screen.
Prior to that two weeks the situation in Syria, the middle east in general, pork belly rices in the mid-west, what colour socks Mr President had for breakfast, by-election results from obscure parts of the kingdom and disappearing teenagers, that mysteriously get found in a room only searched twice before by Her Majesty's Finest, all of these occurred (and more) on the news programs.

But during the Limp Pigs, nothing more exciting than people running, jumping, falling down and riding bicycles was happening.

I'm amazed with all that running, jumping etc going on they had time to broadcast the weather.

Thank God we're back to normal, and I can keep up with all the riots, coups, murders, drug busts, assaults, posturing politicians and general rich tapestry of life once more.

Only the Parrot Limp Pigs to go (sigh) - it's the same thing, repeated, in cheaper venues and with lighter athletes. And the cycling means events cancelled and road closures at Brands Hatch! How dare they...........
In your opinion, of course? I suppose that, having won the Olympics for the UK in 2005, we shouold have, at the last minute, stopped the whole thing or had a couple of sandwich vans providing the catering, assuming they are healthy sandwiches of course, as all of us are compelled to eat a McDonalds a day. At least.

I had absolutely now problem in catching up with the rest of the news online and on news channels. What I am really pissed off with now is the airtime given back to the overpaid footballers and everything that goes with the thuggish game.

In my opinion, of course.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Stratman wrote:
boz wrote:

In your opinion, of course? I suppose that, having won the Olympics for the UK in 2005, we shouold have, at the last minute, stopped the whole thing or had a couple of sandwich vans providing the catering, assuming they are healthy sandwiches of course, as all of us are compelled to eat a McDonalds a day. At least.

I had absolutely now problem in catching up with the rest of the news online and on news channels. What I am really pissed off with now is the airtime given back to the overpaid footballers and everything that goes with the thuggish game.

In my opinion, of course.

No, that's quite different.
That's running about, jumping, and kicking things.
It's a bit like Golf, but they won't trust them with clubs.

Just like Rangers directors, apparently.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I want whatever Tony's on!! :lol:
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What I am really pissed off with now is the airtime given back to the overpaid footballers and everything that goes with the thuggish game.
+ infinity Your not wrong there. And I was surprised football was in the Olympics. How dare they put such a low life sport in there. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And After the funding from MacDonald's profits :roll: Schools get the go ahead from Government minsters to sell off School playing fields.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

As usual timing is everything with the government :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside