Operation Storm II – Part three – May 18th - 20th 2012

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: Operation Storm II – Part three – May 18th - 20th 20

Post by tony.mon »

Pegs are gonna slip in real easy....

Inflatable airbed for me; at least it'll float....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
chelskitel

Post by chelskitel »

Looks great,won't be able to make this one but definately up for the next one.
"Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life."
H.H. Asquith 1852-1928
geodude

Post by geodude »

tony.mon wrote:Pegs are gonna slip in real easy....

Inflatable airbed for me; at least it'll float....
We could have Airbed races down the river?

---------------------------------------
Interested in attending? Thread too big and confusing? Want to know what this is all about without reading all 16 pages?

CLICK HERE!
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
geodude

Post by geodude »

Just over a week away until the 3rd Operation Storm in Rhayader. I must admit, I am getting just a little bit excited.

Interested in attending? Thread too big and confusing? Want to know what this is all about without reading all 16 pages?

CLICK HERE!
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

So, is it worth contacting the guys on the list, to find out if they are still attending

Maybe jog someones memory?
geodude

Post by geodude »

Flatline wrote:So, is it worth contacting the guys on the list, to find out if they are still attending

Maybe jog someones memory?
I don't usually. If you think it'll be worth it mate fill your boots :thumbup:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Ok guys, reluctantly having to drop this one. Getting divorced and the Mrs has just woken up to the facts of life on this, so I can't be galavanting around the country burning up what she has now thought is her cash!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

ps - anyone want a caravan get in quick before Benny has it :wink: http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... =8&t=24117
geodude

Post by geodude »

BigVeeGrin wrote:Ok guys, reluctantly having to drop this one. Getting divorced and the Mrs has just woken up to the facts of life on this, so I can't be galavanting around the country burning up what she has now thought is her cash!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

ps - anyone want a caravan get in quick before Benny has it :wink: http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... =8&t=24117
That sucks mate. Hope it works out for you. What is it with VTR owners and divorce?

CLICK HERE!
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

geodude wrote:
BigVeeGrin wrote:Ok guys, reluctantly having to drop this one. Getting divorced and the Mrs has just woken up to the facts of life on this, so I can't be galavanting around the country burning up what she has now thought is her cash!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

That sucks mate. Hope it works out for you. What is it with VTR owners and divorce?

CLICK HERE!

so thats it then, i bought a vtr :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bazza and I are meeting up at Clacket Lane services on the M25 between Orpington (J5) and Godstone (J6) heading towards Gatwick. (westbound).

We're meeting up at 10am Friday, anyone else want to tag along?

Bazza will be coming out of Essex, and meeting me at Clacket Lane; for anyone from Essex you might want to meet up with him t'other side of t'bridge.

Anyone from West London/Surrey we can arrange meetings on the way round the M25.

Route we'll probably be running is:
M25, M3, A332 to Reading, then through Swindon over to the Severn Bridge. (Then following sheep, asking for directions in every pub, we'll be there by Tuesday :lol: )

Actually about 3.5-4 hours to Rhayader, plus any stops.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
geodude

Post by geodude »

tony.mon wrote:Bazza and I are meeting up at Clacket Lane services on the M25 between Orpington (J5) and Godstone (J6) heading towards Gatwick. (westbound).

We're meeting up at 10am Friday, anyone else want to tag along?

Bazza will be coming out of Essex, and meeting me at Clacket Lane; for anyone from Essex you might want to meet up with him t'other side of t'bridge.

Anyone from West London/Surrey we can arrange meetings on the way round the M25.

Route we'll probably be running is:
M25, M3, A332 to Reading, then through Swindon over to the Severn Bridge. (Then following sheep, asking for directions in every pub, we'll be there by Tuesday :lol: )

Actually about 3.5-4 hours to Rhayader, plus any stops.
Awesome. :thumbup: There is only two coming up from Hampshire now so I may move things around so we can hook up along the way. Are you going across the old bridge into Chepstow? The roads after that bridge are awesome :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MJONESY wrote:route looks good AL,

Dont think i have ever been down the bit from Builth wells to the a44 so will try and get out next weekend see what its like, a470 from llysdinam to builth is a bit boring since they built a bypass but if the a481 is as good as it looks then its worth it :D

The road from llanidloes over to llanbrynmair is not what most would call a great biking road but well worth the ride down there just for amazing scenery :eh:

I think benny would be better asked about the bits north of dolgellau, i dont tend to venture up north on the bike much, still not got out the habbit of not going up there because of brunstrom forget hes gone,

the only change i would make is instead of out of aber via the a44 is to go a4120 through devils bridge, its a bit more interesting than that first bit of the a44 :thumbup:
I assume this is now the Saturday route.......detoured to avoid the A470, added the devils bridge bit and programmed the GPS, anybody got a route for sunday morning?

same as the 1st year I plan to leave after work on friday and get there as it is dark 8O , so remember to tell me which pub you are all in!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=A47 ... 15&t=m&z=9[/googlemap]
AMcQ
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Bloody gutted its the weekend before pay day, hope you all have a great jolly boys outing
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
geodude

Post by geodude »

AMCQ46 wrote: I assume this is now the Saturday route.......detoured to avoid the A470, added the devils bridge bit and programmed the GPS, anybody got a route for sunday morning?

same as the 1st year I plan to leave after work on friday and get there as it is dark 8O , so remember to tell me which pub you are all in!
Yep. Satdee route mate. Looks good :)

I don't have a route for Sunday. It's usually breakfast then home. You have my mobile number right?
geodude

Post by geodude »

seb421 wrote:Bloody gutted its the weekend before pay day, hope you all have a great jolly boys outing
Doh. Nevermind. See you next time?