Higher bars! Which ones?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Taz69

Higher bars! Which ones?

Post by Taz69 »

Hi all

I know this may have been asked before!

However on Saturday I sat on a Touno at fowlers and thought Wow! What a riding position, bars and footrests wise was fantastic!

Then on Sunday I was out with my boy pottering around Bristol and Yate and my wrists were aching like a bitch by the end of day, now I know a lot of it is due to slow speeds etc but I am not a heavy bloke so I thought maybe a different set of bars would do the trick but I am sure about cutting my fairing etc! If I use a set of VFR bars (I presume are the right ones) do I need to hack my fairing? Also is the the riding height altered that much do it alleviates the wrist ache around town while still be comfy on faster rides ?
The foot pegs are fine as they are, I am just referring to the Touno for its overall positioning!
:D
Thanks in advance

Mark

Mark
VTR1000 Firestorm in yellow, lubbly jubbly.
Life's only Fun when your doing a Ton.
Vtrkidda

Re: Higher bars! Which ones?

Post by Vtrkidda »

Im sure you need to trim it mate :wave: ive gone lower weird i know but wanted a more sporty feel to the ride position
Loud pipes save lives!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Get the right risers and renthal bars and you don't need to cut the fairing.

Chris.
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

Short risers and low rise renthalls do it I wouldnt mind higher bars myself but dint want to cut the fairing

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
wisecobandit

Post by wisecobandit »

Thinking about doing the same mod myself. Brake and clutch lines don't bother me (mate owns hel performance lol) and extending wiring etc doesn't (I'm an auto electrician) but I'm not so keen if the oe throttle cables aren't long enough?
spider13

Post by spider13 »

just remember that youll need risers with a pull back of atleast 1inch and 2inches high to clear the top of the fork tubes,the only thing that needs extending is the front brake line really,you can get away with the clutch line iff you detach it from the frame
steve :D
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

picture 6 on this bike ad shows the bars off quite well. i dont know what make they are but i think they look smart.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190673371379? ... 500wt_1169
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.