TT 2012

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

marravtr

Re: TT 2012

Post by marravtr »

vtrsteve wrote:
marravtr wrote:BIG BUMP!!! only a few weeks to go now :biggrin anyone fancy a meet up?? parliment square mad sunday, brew and up over the mountain? :thumbup:
No way I'm going anywhere near the mountain on 2 wheels this year!!! going up there on the monkey bike last time scared the crap out off me with bikes flying past over 100mph faster :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
monkey bike!! 8O bet that was fun! :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
wiltsdan

Post by wiltsdan »

I'll be over the mountain every day on practice-week :thumbup:
Will keep an eye out for any Storms. Only saw one last year :thumbdown:
No I can't spell.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

well look out for me, im on black storm with gsxr1000 in tow lol, there from the 1st to the 9th, stopping near ramsey
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

All those going have fun,, But remember to keep the rubber on the road.

It's sad seeing all those who have thrown their bikes down the road pushing them on to the Ferry on the return journey.
Remember once where a young lad had a begging bowl out next to the wreck of a bike as he did not have recovery and no money to get the bike home..
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Right it's getting close now and as a TT newboy I am looking for some advise on what tricks and tips there is to make the best of the trip?

We are out for 8 days so we will see the end of practice and the race days..so
where are the good places to go and watch?
What tips to get from one place to another when the roads are closed?
Where is worth visiting away from the racing?
What is the best way to keep up with the commentary during the race, is the TT radio FM or AM?
Where is the good crack for bands?
AMcQ
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

AMCQ46 wrote:Right it's getting close now and as a TT newboy I am looking for some advise on what tricks and tips there is to make the best of the trip?

We are out for 8 days so we will see the end of practice and the race days..so
where are the good places to go and watch?

!

What tips to get from one place to another when the roads are closed?

depends on where your watching it from but you can still get round the most places when racings on, have a look at a map cause once the roads closed thats it, so make sure your on the right side of the track to where you want to get to!

Where is worth visiting away from the racing?

if you fancy a good blat away from the crowds, head south! port erin, calf of man, the roads are empty!! night out in douglas is always good, and laxley wheel is a good coastal run

What is the best way to keep up with the commentary during the race, is the TT radio FM or AM?

get a cheap radio that picks up AM, good commentary, keep you informed of accidents/road closures etc

Where is the good crack for bands?
normally head into douglas for that, keep a check on the pub doors for flyers, seen some good bands over the yrs

hope it helps, i'll pm you my number if you fancy a meet up :thumbup:
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Im there 1st to the 9th just listen for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
budd

Post by budd »

I'm there on the 3rd (mad sunday) so will be going for a blat early sun morning before the mountain is full if idiots and the crashing starts, so if anyone is about we'll be in parli square 7.00 -7.30 ish (weather permitting) so any more storms up early mad sunday see you there, also we could do with setting a meeting point /date for sometime race week maybe tuesday when no racing is on or thurs for ramsey sprint.
add your name to the list in following post so we can see who's going and when.

Parliment square is a good meeting point because from there it's straight into the mountain, which as well as having no speed limit is one way for TT fortnight.
One word of warning, the cops are hyper keen on speeding in restricted areas, speed in a 30,40 or 50 area and it's very likely to get a pull and the fines are no joke last your my mate got £180 for 46 in a 40 (just coming out of laxey) the police tend to wait just outside a de-restrited area where it can be difficult to get the speed down to the restrited level, sulby straight, brandish , kirk micheal are popular places for a speed trap but you really need to keep to the speed limits because they could be a copper hidden anywhere.
Good places to watch, all the popular ones are good with bray hill been a must see (the TV doesn't do justice to just how steep and fast is is) another good one is milne town just as they come into ramsey you can stand on the wall in the builder yard and watch them hit a little hump that sees the fast lads airbourne at 180mph awesome!!
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
budd

Post by budd »

Who's going when ?
Add your name and arrival /departure dates so we can organised a Storm meet up for a blast and some pics of Storms on some Island.

1 .Budd ; booked on Sun 3rd June 2-15am ferry from heysham arriving in time for a early start on mad sunday, there all race week. :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

budd wrote:Who's going when ?
Add your name and arrival /departure dates so we can organised a Storm meet up for a blast and some pics of Storms on some Island.

1 .Budd ; booked on Sun 3rd June 2-15am ferry from heysham arriving in time for a early start on mad sunday, there all race week. :thumbup:

marra, same ferry as you mate, 2.15 heysham! ffs stoooopid time, keep an eye open for us in the que, 2 red storms and a black rsvr :thumbup:
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

I'm going over sat 26th May 11.15 from liverpool, will be in a green focus estate with the monkey bike on a rack 8)
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

marravtr wrote: monkey bike!! 8O bet that was fun! :lol:
Fun???? hell no, never been that scared on 2 wheels 8O
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Who's going when ?

marra, same ferry as you mate, 2.15 heysham! ffs stoooopid time, keep an eye open for us in the que, 2 red storms and a black rsvr
AMCQ46 wed 30th till fri 8th ..... staying in a house on Bray Hill
vtrsteve sat 26th May 11.15 from liverpool, will be in a green focus estate with the monkey bike on a rack
AMcQ
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

AMCQ46 wrote:Who's going when ?

marra, same ferry as you mate, 2.15 heysham! ffs stoooopid time, keep an eye open for us in the que, 2 red storms and a black rsvr
AMCQ46 wed 30th till fri 8th ..... staying in a house on Bray Hill
vtrsteve sat 26th May 11.15 from liverpool, will be in a green focus estate with the monkey bike on a rack

me lol, friday 1st returning sat 9th black vtr firestorm blue white gsxr1000 (me mate) early doors fri i think not sure stopping at a football stadium in / near ramsey
budd

Post by budd »

marravtr wrote:
budd wrote:Who's going when ?

marra, same ferry as you mate, 2.15 heysham! ffs stoooopid time, keep an eye open for us in the que, 2 red storms and a black rsvr :thumbup:
we'll be in a nissan pathfinder with the bikes on the trailer (over with wife and kids) probably be sat in the bar at the back of the boat.