Yank Newbie

General Bike chat
vtrillini

Yank Newbie

Post by vtrillini »

This a test of the UK emergency VTR network, this is only a test.

If this was a real emergency you would have been notified that either the best US VTR List has converted to a forum (i.e., Superhawk@runlevelzero.net) or the best minds thereon are too exhuasted to come up with an answer to my question.

Enough jibberish.

Bed time here, have a good one.

Temps plunging in 24 here in Chitown, the Texans il freeze their spurs off Sunday. Root for D'Bears.

13 lookie loos, a reserved bunch, eh?
Galaxieman

Post by Galaxieman »

Another US member here, I noticed the superhawk@runlevelzero.net and haven't figured it out. Subscribed to the list a while back and got zero response, might have been on my end, might have been on theirs, I don't know. Anyway, these cross-the-pond blokes seem to be squared the f--- away, so you should be able to find answers to most anything here. It seems that the Brits have a much better appreciation for the cost/benefit/fun factor attributes of the VTR, or at least that's what I've seen so far.

I'm in Dayton, OH btw, and the weather is supposed to be getting cold. Winter kinda jumped us outta nowhere.

-Jim
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi VTRillini
Welcome on board :P
Tried your link??? Hows that supposed to work, it lookes like a E-mail service 8O
Or Am I just not getting it?

Pete.l
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome VTRillini to this site,
You'll find good advice and help on here, (well you will most of the time) enjoy.
I'm like Pete with your link is there something missing?

cheers Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I've just looked at your link again and its just clicked:-
http://www.runlevelzero.net
I have enjoyed browsing this site before
cheers Chris.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Like..............Hi guys.........USA is OK with me, but then I'm kinda strange.
it may be clever, but its not big.
vtrillini

Yank Newbie

Post by vtrillini »

I'm sorry, I meant http://runlevelzero.net; also see

http://runlevelzero.net/greg/vtr.php,

and this is my utilitarian VTR before I put on custom case guards and Penske shock (see Scratch Pages for shots of them)

http://www.runlevelzero.net/greg/galler ... TR_8_24_02

and me on it

http://www.runlevelzero.net/greg/galler ... id=TR_2_cx

Other Scratch Page shots of my VTR are entitled with BA VTR...

How do I get to your photo pages?

Jim, what does the end of this obviously term mean, "these cross-the-pond blokes seem to be squared the f--- away"?

D'Bears lost bad. -25C here (if I got my conversion right (11F) and going out for a bit of Chinese.

BA
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: Yank Newbie

Post by cupasoop »

Hello and welcome.

Is that the american answer to a small fuel range, to carry a spare fuel tank on your back??
Rich.

vtrillini

Yank Newbie

Post by vtrillini »

I tried many approaches to improve performance which were successful (103 HP & 70# corrected on a Dynojet 200) but also diminished mileage to about 33 mpg average. Whereas slightly better mileage is possible with judicious throttle usage, the limited range of my sport-touring VTR was frustrating. Ultimately I borrowed backpack technology and developed a very comfortable auxilary fuel cell arrangement from an OEM tank. With a T-fitting to the fixed tank petcock and fuel cell foam in the back-tank to prevent sloshing, it works well and is hardly noticable to wear (I work-out a lot though and have very strong back, stomach and arm muscles).

What do you think of my approach?

Actually, my best bud snapped the shot from his 89 FXRTST at speed on our way up to Burlington, WI to another buds house where he and I cut the top off an OEM tank, added about 2.5 inches, welded it up, sealed the inside and repainted. End result is a 5.25 gallon capacity. See other Scratch page shots for similar results.

BTW how do I easily reply to posts without having to rewrite the topic name, and where are your photo pages hidden.

BA

PS, sorry for my poor spelling; I'm an engineer.

"Hello and welcome.

Is that the american answer to a small fuel range, to carry a spare fuel tank on your back??
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

All our pictures are in the gallery, if you go to the top of the page click on
"Up load your pictures to the gallery" then click on whatever takes your fancy,
cheers Chris.

PS. I like your extra fuel capacity idea on your back.
No only joking but I do like your mod you had done to a standard tank, what a good idea!