Bike Alarms

General Bike chat
MJONESY

Bike Alarms

Post by MJONESY »

Just wondered what bike alarms people had fitted, caught some pissed up scum bag farmer scrotes messing with the quad when i come out of a shop in town earlier so want an alarm on it, not worried about it getting nicked to be honest, its not that much of an issue round here, just want to deter people from poking around it.

have been looking at this anybody know anything about them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAWK-X-60-MOT ... 867wt_1048

[youtube][/youtube]

Like the fact it says "please step away this system is armed" and takes another knock to set the alarm off so hopefully wont set the siren off when ever wind blows it a bit, although i would rather it said "get the f**k away from the quad you nosey little c***s"
Wicky

Re: Bike Alarms

Post by Wicky »

Had an alarm/immobiliser fitted on mine when I bought it - after a couple of years it left me immobilised in a supermarket car park - not unsurprisingly no one batted an eyelid when we wheeled it into van with the alarm going off at full pelt, and drove off. Soon removed the alarm and now sleep easier at night...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
alec

Post by alec »

These are good alarms and the company gives great after sales support.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYCLONE-V2-MO ... 2ea7919398
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
doddy55

Bike Alarms

Post by doddy55 »

alec wrote:These are good alarms and the company gives great after sales support.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYCLONE-V2-MO ... 2ea7919398
I'll second that just had on fitted to my storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote:Had an alarm/immobiliser fitted on mine when I bought it - after a couple of years it left me immobilised in a supermarket car park - not unsurprisingly no one batted an eyelid when we wheeled it into van with the alarm going off at full pelt, and drove off. Soon removed the alarm and now sleep easier at night...
Yep.
Few years back I snapped the key off in the steering stem lock on an old cb125, parked up in Orpington high street.
Couldn't get the broken bit out, so walked round to a mate's house nearby and borrowed a huge cold chisel and big hammer.

I was in the process of smashing the lock itself off the steering stem when a police car rolled up at the kerb.

"That your bike, Sir" they asked, out of the rolled-down window.
"Yes" says I, hammer in hand, looking sweaty and more than a little pissed off.

Off they drove.........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I have a Datatool System 3 on mine, bleeps and warns when the bike is knocked / touched, can be a pain in the garage if you walk into it.

Saying that does give you peace of mind when you pop into a corner shop in Leyland (full of scatty kids outside)

Plus insurance is cheaper with it fitted as opposed to bugger all or manufacture fitted etc.