Bike Pics !

General Biker Banter
simo

Re: Bike Pics !

Post by simo »

Them there bars in the first picture look good to me.I don't suppose you would have to trim the fairing at all would you?
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Hi Simo
I agree the drag bars look better, but for some reason it didnt "want" to go round corners, and had to be "steered" round which was a bit of a suprise after riding with the standard bars for 6-7 years, now it falls into bends again and am using all the tyre tread! and its way more comfortable.
I did cut the fairing to fit the bars in the first pic but not by much and the only way i can see to avoid cutting the fairing is to use steped or angled back risers, then you might find things hitting the tank, and to be honest they look abit pants imo. anyway its a bit of an ongoing project so things may change yet again, looks awesome with the drag bars and no fairing at all, but then theres the radiator thing !

steve
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Lawless247 wrote:Nice Bike.
How long did it take to grow the Nissan Micra? :D
About three years mate, exactly how long the daughters been at uni, the local pikeys keep asking if we want to sell it, supose i better weed it this sat then :(
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

vtryorks wrote:Thats the only VTR I've ever seen that gets to be parked on carpet. Pampered is not the word.

The tank pad does look a little thallic but nevermind, other than the fact its yellow, its very nice!

:P

PS. Noticed the kill switch is engaged, curious as to why? Also, how does it handle with those bars on?!
The garage used to be my home office so it has heating ,carpet, internet, cd player, tv, oh and a fridge with beer :biggrin
and a lot of other junk the wife insists gos in there now its not used as an office.
Dont know why the kill switch is on dont normaly use it !
Didnt handle too well, so now has other bars on !
azvtr1000rider

Bike Pics !

Post by azvtr1000rider »

What's wrong with a yellow one?? Not my first choice either, but it kinda grows on you after a while!!ImageImage
Ordering a set of risers to reduce wrist strain with stock clip ons.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.348236,-111.817291
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yellow means that you can hold up a piece of broken fairing plastic in court and ask the judge how comes she didn't see me coming before she pulled out?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.