Top speed

General Bike chat
gumbie man

Top speed

Post by gumbie man »

Can anybody please tell me what the top speed of the firestorm is please. I have seen several figures quoted ranging from 144mph upto 160 mph.I am thinking is probaly roundabout 150mph.
SlingVTR

Re: Top speed

Post by SlingVTR »

Small rider behind the screen probably about 155mph (real speed, not clock speed), I am not small and have seen 168 mph on the clock.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:Beer Popcorn:
SP1's rock!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It depends on whether you are talking about an African or European Firestorm.

The airspeed velocity of an unladen Firestorm is roughly 24 meters per second, beating its pistons 115-150 times per second (rather than 43). But please note that a 478.4 pound bike cannot carry a one pound coconut.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
geodude

Post by geodude »

Mine does 70mph :P
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Wicky wrote:It depends on whether you are talking about an African or European Firestorm.

The airspeed velocity of an unladen Firestorm is roughly 24 meters per second, beating its pistons 115-150 times per second (rather than 43). But please note that a 478.4 pound bike cannot carry a one pound coconut.
:lol: :lol:

no idea myself, fast enough to keep me grinning, my PB is about 140 not tucked in
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

You weren't one of the chaps to come and view my bike were you? Everysingle one of them asked the same question! My answer was "Its probably faster and more capable than the idiot riding it" Which in 99% of cases is true. At the end of the day does it really matter?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

BigVeeGrin wrote:
fast enough to keep me grinning,
depends who you're riding with.
if you're with a group on 400s & 600s then yes, fast enough, but if you're out with r1s, blades & gixxer1000s then forget it, you will get smoked & unless you have done serious work on the handling you will fall off trying to keep up.
use http://www.gearingcommander.com/ to work out what it should be doing at what rpm.
if it won't hit the limiter in every gear it needs fixing.

mine is fast top end nuff said.
some aren't, probably because they have obese riders.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

gumbie man wrote:Can anybody please tell me what the top speed of the firestorm is please. I have seen several figures quoted ranging from 144mph upto 160 mph.I am thinking is probaly roundabout 150mph.
Jesus f***ing H Christ! Must have been a bloody big roundabout, is all I can say, with Shellgrip, and stuff.

Anyway, the answer is "Lots".

Warping the very fabric of the universe, and creating a huge black hole across several universes

into which your license falls irrevocably, and without trace.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Funny how this question causes such wide and varied answers :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A realistic answer would be a genuine 150 mph but you may see up to 165mph on the clock. Some guys on here have Firestorms that are packing a real punch so may well see genuine figures well above that. :cool2
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'