REAR SHOCK

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
EGG

REAR SHOCK

Post by EGG »

Hi there,
Does anyone know if it's possible to split the standard rear shock on a storm to upgrade the spring? If yes are there any special tools invovled?
Many thanks for any info.
:twisted:
Better to burn out than just fade away!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Egg
Noticed this in the Gallery
http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/gallery/607.jpg
Don't know if it's a std Storm shock or a Maxton one. It's a poor copy but you might be able to find a back issue or something.
The main tool you would need is a spring depressor. It's not the sort of thing you can have a mate just squash down whilst you disconnect it :wink:
Let us know how you get on

Pete.l
EGG

Post by EGG »

Thanks pete, will do.
EGG

Post by EGG »

Pete.L wrote:Hi Egg
Noticed this in the Gallery
http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/gallery/607.jpg
Don't know if it's a std Storm shock or a Maxton one. It's a poor copy but you might be able to find a back issue or something.
The main tool you would need is a spring depressor. It's not the sort of thing you can have a mate just squash down whilst you disconnect it :wink:
Let us know how you get on

Pete.l
No probs at all. Whipped it out took to the local bike place 10 minutes later and 20 quid and i've got a shock fitted. Did the front springs myself. Hardest part was cracking the damper rod bolts on the bottom of the legs.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Nice one Egg :D
I Used hyperpro one my old Rf900. Best mod I found. Totally transformed the bike and gave me loads more confidence to really push it and, if yours is the same kit as mine comes with some starting guidelines for set up.
Didn't know they did a kit for the Storm though. I had had a look on M&P and couldn't find one listed. Where did you get yours from?

pete.l
EGG

Post by EGG »

Pete, got them from Hein Gericke. They came with fitting instructions and tips. Bloody hard need to play a little with it. Lots better though. :twisted:
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

8) 8) 8)
I ended up with the front end dampening fully open. Felt like it was on rails. Fortunatly The RF came with separate rebound and Dampning adjusters on the rear so I didn't have to put up with a happy medium setting with my ass jumping off the seat on the big bumps and still skwatting coming out of bends. Hopefully will see a bit more dry weather soon and you can have a good play :lol:

Have fun
Pete.l
EGG

Post by EGG »

Yeah your right slackened mine off a couple of clicks today. Mate it's dry and my 208 gp's spin up nice with the new kit fitted. Don't think they will last as long as before. Not that they lasted long anyway.