Radar / Lazer Jammers

General Bike chat
seb421

Radar / Lazer Jammers

Post by seb421 »

I'm not sure what the law is on having them fitted but is remember reading MCN ages ago and seeing that it wasn't illegal to have them or to have them fitted it was how ever illegal to have them turned on and active

I've been looking a this

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/blinder.htm

was thinking could have the unit under the seat and have a switch else where, when the bleep goes off put the anchors on and then switch it off by the switch when your at or below legal speed, i know some of you are now itching to put stuff like... simple answer dont speed etc, but in all honesty i dont know any one that hasn't speeded at some point or hasn't touched triple digits on the storm or other (on UK roads)

What are your views on the jammers available on the market today, any one have any knowledge or has owned one ?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
seb421

Re: Radar / Lazer Jammers

Post by seb421 »

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I bought one years ago-not a jammer-but a detector. I snagged it on EBay for the car.

It's poo.

Can only imagine jammers are much the same-and WILL land you in deep sh1t if discovered by the law.

I'd rather spend my money on more benificial aspects of riding a bike :thumbup: advanced riding courses, Police Bike Safe, FBOS, touring, new gear etc :)

Up to you matey :)
SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Jbrebel wrote: Can only imagine jammers are much the same-
the expert on jamming.... http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Only Doughnuts Benny :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
fritz

Post by fritz »

seb!!! learn to ride and stop gazing aimlessly at your speedo!!

if you lift your line of sight slightly you will see a world of signs and cameras that are plainly visible without the need for stupid gadgets!!
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

Jammers - waste of time.

If you want something discrete, why not buy and install something like an Inforad. Whilst all is good you get a green light, soon as there is a camera you get a red light showing. OK, only works on fixed and not mobile cameras, and you need to take out an annual subscription to keep them up to date (pence), but they are discrete and do the job. Wire in dead easy, I had one on my Storm, with the main unit in the tail panel, aerial stuck on number plate and the flex stalk with the light on it attached to one of the fairing arms. Discrete and out the way. I've just taken it off as have now fitted a TomTom Rider 2 unit for doing a bit of touring on the Storm later this year (which also detects fixed cameras) but Inforad an impressive bit of kit for what it cost - about £80 new from memory.

Have a look here http://www.buyinforad.com/?page_id=4&la ... &promo_id=

Scroll down the page and look for INFORAD Bike GPS Speed Camera Warning System (INFORADM1) - £39.99 to purchase.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i used to have the Tom Tom Rider V2 , UK & ROI, with Europe on another SD card

i found it cumbersome and the tomtom services are a rip off too, there are a number of sites where you can acquire genuine maps but it requires some knowledge of how to implement them, but again can be found on the net

i have since fitted a 12V socket to the bike which hides under the seat, got it from ebay for around 8 quid or less, I now use a normal car type satnav plugged into this and locate it on either the tank or side fairing near the screen if its raining.

the tomtom headset was a pain in the butt, ok at low speeds but couldn't hear a dam thing when traffic was about and the bike was over 25mph it just distorted, bluetooh was handy for the phone, but i often found that a distraction talking with someone whilst im riding, switched off and went on auto pilot mid conversation and very nearly went up the chuff of a car

also a big gripe was the on off button, and the fact it had to be turned on to charge via the mains what's that all about?

if I was to get another tom-tom it would be this and again would just stick it on the tank via the suction cup arm http://www.tomtom.com/products/product. ... ry=0&Lid=1
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
fritz

Post by fritz »

seb421 wrote:i used to have the Tom Tom Rider V2 , UK & ROI, with Europe on another SD card

i found it cumbersome and the tomtom services are a rip off too, there are a number of sites where you can acquire genuine maps but it requires some knowledge of how to implement them, but again can be found on the net

i have since fitted a 12V socket to the bike which hides under the seat, got it from ebay for around 8 quid or less, I now use a normal car type satnav plugged into this and locate it on either the tank or side fairing near the screen if its raining.

the tomtom headset was a pain in the butt, ok at low speeds but couldn't hear a dam thing when traffic was about and the bike was over 25mph it just distorted, bluetooh was handy for the phone, but i often found that a distraction talking with someone whilst im riding, switched off and went on auto pilot mid conversation and very nearly went up the chuff of a caralso a big gripe was the on off button, and the fact it had to be turned on to charge via the mains what's that all about?

if I was to get another tom-tom it would be this and again would just stick it on the tank via the suction cup arm http://www.tomtom.com/products/product. ... ry=0&Lid=1
as jbrebel said earlier... I'd rather spend my money on more benificial aspects of riding a bike advanced riding courses, Police Bike Safe, FBOS, touring, new gear etc

pay attention to the advanced riding and bike safe bits!! :thumbup: :thumbup: