Howdo

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Buckers

Howdo

Post by Buckers »

Hello.

I'm thinking of getting a Firestorm, so I decided to join the forum. Owned fzr6r, cbr6 (nearly get a firestorm that time), 675, speed triple, sp2, and back again on a cbr6. Bikes are just ace aren't they, whatever the engine

I also have a hornet 600 which I use for commuting, and I'm seriously thinking of getting a storm. I really miss the v twin grunt. Thing is - I commute from Stockport to Manchester in 6 miles of traffic every day, and will do 4-5 track days on it as well. So what do you reckon to a storm for this job?

I've heard its not a good bike for commuting - chuggy, grabby and snatchy. The sp2 was like this but that is an entirely different machine - is the storm a bit smoother? I wouldn't want to have to be clutching and coasting every 30 secs...

cheers :beer:
benny hedges

Re: Howdo

Post by benny hedges »

drop a tooth on the front and the storm is a gent round town.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Carbs, innit, so smooth as you like.
Just keep them balanced and it's easy in traffic, but first gear is a little high as has been said already.

Put two long intakes in the airbox and boost the torque and midrange at the expense of a BHP or two at the top end, and they're a commuting tool.
Slim, too, so filtering's simple.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Had a Storm. Now have an SP.

Would say the storm is a better commuter-you can see why when you look at the shape of them both. I don't find the fueling on the SP much different to the storm tbh-I think you just adjust your style to suit.

All in all I prefer the SP though :thumbup: just stay off the Mway now on my way to work and take the scenic route :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

Welcome Buckers - you made it over from the Superhawk forum then!
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Buckers wrote:Hello.

I'm thinking of getting a Firestorm, so I decided to join the forum. Owned fzr6r, cbr6 (nearly get a firestorm that time), 675, speed triple, sp2, and back again on a cbr6. Bikes are just ace aren't they, whatever the engine

I also have a hornet 600 which I use for commuting, and I'm seriously thinking of getting a storm. I really miss the v twin grunt. Thing is - I commute from Stockport to Manchester in 6 miles of traffic every day, and will do 4-5 track days on it as well. So what do you reckon to a storm for this job?

I've heard its not a good bike for commuting - chuggy, grabby and snatchy. The sp2 was like this but that is an entirely different machine - is the storm a bit smoother? I wouldn't want to have to be clutching and coasting every 30 secs...

Deja Vu :D
:D Glad you found us Buckers :D
You know my view :wink:
SPpete
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Buckers

Post by Buckers »

Pete.L wrote:
Buckers wrote:Hello.

Deja Vu :D
:D Glad you found us Buckers :D
You know my view :wink:
SPpete
Hehe! Hello Pete. I love asking opinions - my job is a market researcher, so I can't help myself!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Buckers :thumbup:
benny hedges wrote:drop a tooth on the front and the storm is a gent round town.
Either that, or plus two teeth on the rear sprocket instead will make the bike more friendly user in slow moving traffic.

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Or do this conversion and get a free close-ratio gearbox....

And no chance of more points on your license for speeding :thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.