Hi

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Unitedwestand

Hi

Post by Unitedwestand »

Hi Iam new to the forum,
here are a couple of pictures of my bike i have had the bike for a year now bought it for £1500 with 10,000 miles on the clock and full honda history.The bike rode very well for about 8 months then the dreaded front cam chain tensioner let go fortunately without too much damage stopped the bike used the aa to collect and return back home.
Read some helpful articles from this website then bought a haynes manual and started the process of replacing both the tensioners.
I repaired the tensioners and thankfully the bike runs perfectly.The firestorm is off the road until the insurance/tax on my ZX9R runs out then i plan to put the firestorm back on the road in May this year it needs a rear tyre and chain and sprockets then its ready to go also would like to get some end cans and a full belly pan when ive got the funds :wink:

Anyway thats enough about me
Regards
Chris
marravtr

Re: Hi

Post by marravtr »

ayup matey welcome, nice tidy bikes you have there :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Hi newish to the forum myself nice bikes storm looks very clean

geoff996
RIDE TO ENJOY
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup:

Welcome
SP1's rock!
vtr..al

Post by vtr..al »

Welcome mate...very clean looking bikes you have there.Storm looks good in black...although its a well known fact they are not as fast as the red ones :lol: :lol: :wink2

Al
Unitedwestand

Post by Unitedwestand »

Thanks for the kind words and the welcome looking forward to getting the storm back on the road and looking forward to the winter ending and no more salt on the roads its killing me and i think i might be washing 9R away :wink: . I ride all year round and dont like all the extra cleaning the salt brings :thumbdown: but iam completly obssesive corrosion on the bikes :D
seb421

Post by seb421 »

my storm also came from Doble Honda down Surrey
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Unitedwestand wrote: I ride all year round and dont like all the extra cleaning the salt brings :thumbdown: but iam completly obssesive corrosion on the bikes :D
same as m8.
have a look for this stuff - it's ace, doesn't crouton up your clothing and doesn't come off.
dries looking nice as well and resists 500c.
millers graphited dry film with ptfe
as you can see, it dries matt black which looks a lot better than grease and rust.
it's dry to touch and water just runs off it.
i empty a full can all over the bike, especially underneath, around the swing arm & shox and still had enough to soak the chain & sprox.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Unitedwestand

Post by Unitedwestand »

Thanks for the Info Benny i will try and get some of this product for my bikes, it will hopefully stop the corrrosion and save me some work! :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Just keep it off the tyres!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Unitedwestand

Post by Unitedwestand »

Thanks tony i ll bear that in mind its enough to contending with the sub zero temps :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:Just keep it off the tyres!
oh, should say as well it has graphite in as well, so tho it's hard wearing and looks nice, it is conductive & will crouton up your electrics so be carefull to avoid electrical connectors and don't spray with the engine on to avoid it getting sucked into the genny lol

ask me how i know this..... :oops:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.