Hello everyone newbie from Norfolk.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
JIMMYJAMES

Hello everyone newbie from Norfolk.

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

Just a quick hello to you all. I literally picked up my 1998 25k mile storm today and loved riding it back from London, she was superb. One question for you all though; are they naturally a noisy engine? I have read about CCT's on here and took it to my local Honda dealer on the way home who said it wasn't typical death rattle symptoms (altough its worth getting them changed just in case). The rattleing is coming from either the cylinder head or the clutch and i cant work out which it is. Where should i start on quietening the old girl down?

Look forward to talking to you all soon, i will be about for the forseeable future :D

Jimmy :wave:
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
marravtr

Re: Hello everyone newbie from Norfolk.

Post by marravtr »

ello matey, without hearing the engine its hard to tell, do you know the history of the bike? or if the cct have been changed? there's loads of info on sorting them out in the workshop section :wink:

failing that put some loud cans on her :biggrin

welcome to the site matey
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

failing that put some loud cans on her :biggrin
That was a bit dissapointing too. Its got really nice looking Micron carbon cans on it but the baffles are fixed and its far too quiet :(
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

Get the drill to the baffles :)
The pipes are really good condition and i dont want to ruin them, maybe someone on here wants to do a swap for some cool quiet touring cans?
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup: Welcome mate

Make it loud :twisted:
SP1's rock!
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

It needs louder cans to drown out the horrible noises its making :( Thanks for the warm welcome!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard JJ :thumbup:

If you have any doubts about it being a CCT on the way out, as already suggested get them changed.

Chris.