Richa gear good for one season only!

General Bike chat
Giddsy

Richa gear good for one season only!

Post by Giddsy »

Bought Richa textile kit just over a year ago and jacket has frayed around shoulders which I got a mate to darn up, not attractive but works. Not so bothered about this as have used it everyday. But the trousers I haven't used so much as wear leathers in summer and after being out in today's downpour for about 50 minutes my jeans were literally soaked thru on the insides and crotch. Kept me dry last winter but now useless :cry:

They are at the cheaper end of the market but I don't think this is very satisfactory myself.

Any recommendations for well priced kit that lasts longer and keeps you dry?

Cheers,

James
Jbrebel

Re: Richa gear good for one season only!

Post by Jbrebel »

Rukka is the best I've come across-but its sooooo expensive...my mate has some and its very good.

Depends what your using it for I suppose-a quick blast or an all year round commute? I've used, and have, a mix of Alpinestars, Arleen Ness and Weiss gear.

The Weiss jacket has been great so far without any issues. Didn’t cost much either. I don't tend to use fabric bottoms.

A one PC suit might be a good alternative?

IMO at the end of the day you gets what you pay for.
SP1's rock!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Tech 7 Saturn Jacket does the job - bought it a couple of sizes bigger for winter/wet season riding 2 years ago . I use Nikwax - TX.Direct Spray to top-up the water repellant coating, Only thing to go wrong is that pockets bottoms holed.

Bargain at £25 - http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/2177 ... ets/Tech-7

They do trousers as well which if as waterproof as the jacket should be fine. £10!! I'm buying some now!

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/2178 ... ets/Tech-7
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Err!
I'm a cheepscape :oops:
When I was riding full time I was constantly getting wet. Didn't matter what I spent, if I got a winter out of my leggings that was about as best as it was going to get.
I solved the problem by buying a £20 kagool type coat by Peter Storm and wear it over the top of my leather. It's small enough to go under the seat in the dry so I'm never without it. Saved me a fortune and never leaks.
As for leggings, I've never found anything at any price that lasts so now I just get middle of the road stuff and I don't feel so bad chucking it when the water starts coming in.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Can only speak for half a season but the Akito textiles I bought have so far kept me dry and they were pretty cheap.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Beamish wrote:Can only speak for half a season but the Akito textiles I bought have so far kept me dry and they were pretty cheap.
Bought an Akito jacket some 7 years ago at the NEC for £49.99. Still keeps me warm and dry. Use the Nikasil in wash stuff and also spray it afterwards. One popper has become detached, that's all. Brilliant jacket.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Stratman wrote:
Beamish wrote:Can only speak for half a season but the Akito textiles I bought have so far kept me dry and they were pretty cheap.
Bought an Akito jacket some 7 years ago at the NEC for £49.99. Still keeps me warm and dry. Use the Nikasil in wash stuff and also spray it afterwards. One popper has become detached, that's all. Brilliant jacket.
Good to hear :D
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I've got a pair of Richa waterproof gloves, still alive and waterproof after 7 years of nearly daily wear and several washes, now got a Richa jacket, i'll be chuffed to little mintballs if it's still going after 7 years of abuse :D
Caz xxx
gilson

Post by gilson »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hein Gericke.... I commuted for 2 years on my trusty GS 80miles a day... OK, it doesn't rain that much in the London area (trust me, I'm from Wales, that's proper wet), and my Voyager IV (or was it III?) Goretex was prime....5 year guarantee too..

What's occurring? :lol:
No bike (yet).
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Cheers for the input everyone. Am liking the sound of this tent waterproofing, certainly sounds cost effective.

Will give it a pop and let you know the results next time it pishes it down.

And in the meantime keep saving for them Rukkas and HG!

James