wheelies

General Bike chat
rst steve

Re: wheelies

Post by rst steve »

If your that worried about flipping it then why not knock up your own cut out. Can't imagine it being that hard to do some sort of switch, bar that could be adjustable so you can lift it up as you get better and a bit of wiring. If i get some time i might see what i can knock up. :thumbup:
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

i have to short shift otherwise the front wheel dont stay down, comes up by itself in 1st &2nd, looks good coming off roundabbouts etc :twisted:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

stormingjoe wrote:i have to short shift otherwise the front wheel dont stay down, comes up by itself in 1st &2nd, looks good coming off roundabbouts etc :twisted:
is that with standard sprockets or have you gone up a tooth or 2?
HONDA Firestorm............your all TORQUE you are!
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

FirestormMike wrote:
hondasrock wrote:oh where's your sense of adventure
I can wheelie quite well. Don't bother so much now as the novelty soon wears off, plus I don't want to damage my pride and joy.
I think I'm just starting my mid life crisis early (just) turning 40 next Feb so trying to tick off my biking wants before im too old :lol:
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

got one down on rear and standard on front, I found first too short, but still lofts the front
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

well wadya know, managed to hoist the front a couple of times this morning :clap: went for a ride and then headed to the local deserted industrial estate, bunged it in first pulled away and gunned it hard...front lifted about a foot, crapped meself and knocked the throttle off, tried again and lifted a couple of feet this time (least thats what it felt like :wink: ) crapped meself again and put it back down, still..... a result me thinks, will have another as soon as I can unpucker my sphincter :biggrin
goody

Post by goody »

VTR's are easy to wheelie
andyh

Post by andyh »

goody wrote:VTR's are easy to wheelie
What a bugger, he nearly lost it the first time :oops:
donk

Post by donk »

Good luck fella, let us know how you get on. You have bigger balls than me!!! Borrow a mates bike and do it on that!!
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

I rest my case!!! It looked like a nice storm too, right up to the point when it hit the tarmac!!!
On a plus note, the vid quality was awesome!!!
Down side was he was a nob with no protection on doing something he didnt know how to do......but he does have a sense of adventure !!!!!!

Oh and after dropping it on the tarmac on its right side, he then picks it up, pushes it to the side and then drops it on its left side!!! lol
Only in the good ol U.S of A !!!!
Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

you trying to put me off or something l.o.l :wink: