Front end wash out D204's

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Bugger me. I got skanked for £200+ for one rear Dunlop208. :(

I'm off to Watling Tyres for my next change!

PJS: You don't happen to have a phone No. for em do you??

Jaglifter
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Been quoted £220 ride in/ride out for an 010/020 combo which I think is quite good. I`ve managed 6000 miles on the original 204s but the rear is so square I don`t need to use the stand :lol:
Interesting what Robin1000 said about the Avons, every tyre fitter I`ve spoken to has said keep away from Avons and I`ve tried Metzelers on other bikes and found they slowed the steering a bit and the MEZ4s weren`t very grippy and squared off too quick. So back to Bridgestones again
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PJ.Shaw

Post by PJ.Shaw »

Jaglifter,
I haven't got the number offhand - I always just ride in and ride out with the new tyres at the Catford branch but they always have a big advert somewhere in MCN every week.They've got other branches and I think there's one closer to Swindon.
PJS - "Keep it on the blackstuff"
robin1000

Post by robin1000 »

:roll: That's the thing stevie, you talk to the tyre fitters. It's like talking to a mechanic, they'll only ever tell you about the bad motors.
All you can do is try these things for yerself. Seriously, you really should go to FWR, they will gaurantee to beat any like for like quote, and they're not a million miles away.
I'd be interested to know you're final fitment.
Bikes and scorned women don't mix!
Hooner

Post by Hooner »

stevieVTR wrote:Been quoted £220 ride in/ride out for an 010/020 combo which I think is quite good. I`ve managed 6000 miles on the original 204s but the rear is so square I don`t need to use the stand :lol:
Interesting what Robin1000 said about the Avons, every tyre fitter I`ve spoken to has said keep away from Avons and I`ve tried Metzelers on other bikes and found they slowed the steering a bit and the MEZ4s weren`t very grippy and squared off too quick. So back to Bridgestones again
WELL.........i`ve just fitted a pair of the new Avons..and i`m dead chuffed with them.....stable...grippy.....hold the line well in corners..excellent feed back.....was more than able to hold my own on the cat & fiddle last weekend with a Blade and R1.....(beat the Blade and pushed the R1 all the way round.......... :D
I`ll post feed back about wear and tear as i find out...
Ride it like ya stole it !
ktd001

Watling

Post by ktd001 »

Hi PJS

I tried Watlings in Catford with my old ZZR and they made a right pig's ear of it! They misaligned my hugger and sent me off with just enough air pressure int tyres to keep a turd afloat! Started going to Essential Rubber in Dalston who are much quicker, cheaper and actually know which end of the bike to start on! They fitted my braided hoses the other week, they do servicing and they've just gained MOT testing status. Drive in, drive out service and they seem to get half the despatch riders in London going in so it's always good for a laugh and some horror stories! They're on Downham Rd (just off Kingsland Rd) so closer enough to you to check out.

Ken
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol.