just thought i would tell a story of my weekend

General Bike chat
KarlosVTR

just thought i would tell a story of my weekend

Post by KarlosVTR »

day 1, saturday morning. 10 am, 5 degrees, frost everywhere, cold but bright blue sky, no wind beautiful but nippy

time to take my front rocker cover off for a painting

ho hum fairing off, rads off, oil cooler pulled forward

4 bolts and rocker cover is off. in minutes its being stripped bare with a wire brush / drill combo.

on goes the primer paint and fuel proof laquer. 10pm i look again at the rocker cover. as much precautions i took didnt stop the paint running, rush job but i wasnt too fussed as the powdercoaters will do a better job next time

day 2, sunday 10am again. for weather see day 1 but colder.

i go to fit the cover, gasket keeps falling out. as a precautionary measure i look on wemoto for a new ones cost. check delivery etc and no way will it be done by monday anytime. so i get the silicone out. glue it on to the cover in 6 key points.

go to fit it and still no joy. off comes the tank, off with the faggin huge bloody fuggin huge carbs and that bloody stupid plastic guillotene that they have.

all goes on smoothly (read with a fuXkin fuming me at honda for being so b8stard awkward) and a days job was stretched over god knows too long.

AND!!! i cant fit my micron stainless full race system cos my bloody remus pipes are far too big - 51mm o/d pipe on 54 i/d (without measuring) cans

im quite miffed

just thought i would share that. sorry if i have offended anyone with my colourful language
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

No offence taken, everyone has crappy days and we all gotta get it off our chests. It does sound like a particular crappy weekend though.
To stupid to live to young to die.
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Sorry to hear your woes......sure you'll have it on the road soon & it will all be worth it :D
yellowtrev

Post by yellowtrev »

Not a good weekend Karlos,look at my past seven days :)

Got back from London last Sunday after visiting sister-in-law,
I went into the garage to take exhaust off to polish and fit new end cans,wife started to make some tea.

Cooker packed up after registering high on the carbon monoxide meter,

I snapped off BOTH the front exhaust manifold bolts.

Tuesday during work i called into a mate at a garage and he lent me a stud extractor,wife ordered a new cooker,salad for tea.

Stud extractor didn't work,went off my delivery route to return the tool,he told me that a new Snap-on tool would do it and it was going to be delivered Friday,salad for tea.

Washing machine starts to make funny noise on full spin.

Friday i go way off my delivery route to borrow the Snap-on tool but it hasn't arrived,due at lunchtime.

In the afternoon take more risk and go to pick the tool up,had to wait 45mins,running out of time and the office is ringing to find out where i am.

Snap-on van arrives but he hasn't got the tool, its still on order,sh*t i'm late.
Boss spots me driving where i shouldn't be so i told him i was diverted due to an accident,phew!

Saturday the father-in law comes down and tries his extractor,no joy,goes home 10 miles to get something else,washing machine spews water all over the kitchen floor!

I dis-connect the washer and dry the floor while the wife goes up town to buy another one,father-in-law comes back with a stud extractor,still no joy,i suggest welding a bolt thread onto the remaining stud and pack out with washers,he agrees and goes to fetch his welder.

I carry on drying the kitchen floor,wife comes back with a new washer, we carry the old one out,the wife goes in and pulls back the floor,tearing it!!!
She then puts water down the sink when the waste water pipe from the washer has been removed leaving a gaping hole for water to flood into the undersink cupboard!

Father-in-law back with the welder and things going better,studs extended and downpipes fitted back on and not blowing.

Takewaway for tea.
Sunday,headers polished,new cans fitted,new washing machine plumbed in and working fine,i'm having a beer,PHEW.

See what the next seven days brings :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by yellowtrev on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Lucky number 7 :wink:
alan

Post by alan »

Hopefully some home cooked food :lol: :lol:
BIG STEVE

Post by BIG STEVE »

Just when you think youve hit the bottom..........
Some bas**rd passes you a shovel.

Happy Days :D
sh1t HAPPENS !!!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Ha, thats not bad luck....having tony wilde turn up on your door step looking for a bed for the night, now thats bad luck :wink:
Rich.

tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

cupasoop wrote:Ha, thats not bad luck....having tony wilde turn up on your door step looking for a bed for the night, now thats bad luck :wink:
cheers pal :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

mate, i dont know whats worse, the bad luck or the consequence of it

salad for tea? id rather fookin choke

now, i dont know if this is a bad thing but i looked at the tray and it has 2 'windows' one of which i deemed unnecessary so i snapped it off to let some nice cold air in instead of the negative pressure it seems to be feeding off

soon find out. probs have me scratching another one on the 'to be f**ked off with' pile
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

tony.wilde1 wrote:cheers pal :o
Anytime mate
Rich.

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Coulda been worse. Coulda been my weekend.

Saturday -- I bought a brand new white shirt for work.

Saturday night -- I emptied a patient's ileostomy (similar to a colostomy) & spilled sh1t all over said new shirt, pants & boots.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

so far not a good start

carbs on, pulling on the choke cable somewhere.

i wanna sell it and get a lovely t reg red one for 2200
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry guy's for any of you who have not had much luck lately :!: but reading some of those just had me in stitches :!: :lol:

Frank Spencer hasn't got a patch on some of you :!: :lol:
alan

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jokes aside i'd swap all your weekends for the weekend i had, last week my mum found out she has lung cancer in both lungs 8O only found it because she had a gaul operation a month ago,dont know how long she has had it and should be starting treatment soon hopefully when they will tell her more.

Only thing that keeps my mind of things is coming on here at the minute reading all your tales of misery and bad servicing :wink: :lol: bolts snapping here bikes falling over there,and i know how it feels as my wife dropped my ninja :evil: anyway enough of all that shite,the weathers ace and i'm still not riding my bike.