Baffling !!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Wildfire

Baffling !!

Post by Wildfire »

This may have been posted elsewhere - If so I apologise in advance :D

I have a standard (as far as I know) 98' Storm (In Yellow of course !) with Stainless Carbon Can Co End Cans.
Whilst the noise is quite pleasant I am considering drilling out the rivet and removing the baffles till MOT or Plod (Whichever catches up with me first :lol: )

My question is - Will I need to alter jets or mixture in anyway to compensate ??
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Depends. Some you have to rejet with some you don't. I fitted a set of Leo Vince cans to mine, course they're leagal officer, and they made it run a bit on the lean side. Nothing too serious to sort out......
Squiffythewombat

Re: Baffling !!

Post by Squiffythewombat »

Twiggy wrote:This may have been posted elsewhere - If so I apologise in advance :D

I have a standard (as far as I know) 98' Storm (In Yellow of course !) with Stainless Carbon Can Co End Cans.
Whilst the noise is quite pleasant I am considering drilling out the rivet and removing the baffles till MOT or Plod (Whichever catches up with me first :lol: )

My question is - Will I need to alter jets or mixture in anyway to compensate ??
Ran ART race cans on mine for awhile. Sounded AMAZING! Bike ran very well, better than stock but with a flat spot around 4,200. I dont think you really HAVE to rejet but it can only help. Always good to have the engine setup to the best of its abilities!

BTW.... Plod will catch you first! (unless you live in wales or scotland)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!