gp showdown

Any racing related stuff
kevg

Post by kevg »

how can you say that Haydon won by defualt, the whole idea is to finish the race at the front, and he did that more consistantly than anyone else over the whole season. you could maybe say it was a team effort, that his bike never broke down like Rossi's did on a couple of occasions, but in the end he got the most points.
i for one am happy that rossi's stranglehold on the racing is over and that he's been proved to be human, and can make mistakes under pressure.
he might stay around for the next few seasons now because he'll want the title back, and there is some competition for him again.
Bayliss could be one of those to watch out for next year if Ducatti haven't decieded where to place him.
cheerz

kev
Walenut

Post by Walenut »

Just think Rossi only really lost the title by 100th of a second, if he had took the win at the last race he'd have got the five points he needed and won the championship!
Due to cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

have to say i dont think Nicky deserved it. apart from america and colin throwing it away at the last corner in assen, nicky didnt seem to be putting up much of a fight.

Rich.

alan

Re: gp showdown

Post by alan »

Stormin Ben wrote:
alan wrote:GUTTED!!!! GUTTED!!! GUTTED!!! top marks to Troy what a star but do you think Nicky will be strong enough next year to defend his title?
Seeing as how he only won it this year by default -no, I doubt it!!
I've nothing personally against the guy but he's been utterly unconvincing all year
I dont think he will be strong enough to defend next year and its going to be different with the 800's. Dont forget who has the most technical ability to develop a bike from a racers point of view not manufacturer, i would say Rossi and Caparossi are the clever ones.

I know its a combined effort but how much development did Rossi give to the RCV to what it is today and Caparossi has brought the Ducati on in Heaps And Bounds. RANT OVER!!!!!!

Alan
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

To me it looked like Rossi had some sort of a problem from the very start, also I didn't think he did anything wrong when he came off imo :!:
Has anyone heard any different :?:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

And don't forget lads and lassies
Rossi went over to Yamaha to proove it's the rider and not the bike that makes the difference last year and won it.
look at Colin Edwards proformance on the same bike 8O and he's no slouch either!
Rossi'll be back next year and everyone will be on new machinery...I know who's bike I'll be backing :wink:

Pete.l
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

sirch345 wrote:To me it looked like Rossi had some sort of a problem from the very start, also I didn't think he did anything wrong when he came off imo :!:
Has anyone heard any different :?:
He was griping in MCN that the Michelin tyres have been inconsistent. He found a good setting, tested it in a race simulation and then the ones they gave him for the race didn't feel the same

Also, in the crash he lost a footpeg, the gear lever was bent and the bars were all askew.
How the bloody hell did he ride that back to 13th place??? 8O
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stormin Ben wrote: He was griping in MCN that the Michelin tyres have been inconsistent. He found a good setting, tested it in a race simulation and then the ones they gave him for the race didn't feel the same

Also, in the crash he lost a footpeg, the gear lever was bent and the bars were all askew.
How the bloody hell did he ride that back to 13th place??? 8O
A tyre issue would make perfect sense :!:

As for getting his bike back on the track and riding it in that condition is beyond all belief, especially as he was lapping almost as quick as the boy's at the front, you can't Deny Rossi is a pure genius :!: but it's not the first time he's done that. I think Hayden would have felt once he knew Rossi was back on the track he was always going to be a possible threat, but because of the amount of damage to Rossi's bike it was not to be :!:
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

I don't like Haydon...........no reason just don't like him.
Like Edwards though and would like him to do well.
Think Rossi is bored with it all............maybe.

Best of all like Suzy Perry :lol:
it may be clever, but its not big.
OldBob

Post by OldBob »

In my opinion...

Rossi is the far better racer because he races to the end. I think if the roles were reversed, Rossi would have set off after Capa and not settled for 3rd place.

Hayden - I don't dislike him, he has the fire to win. You seen that when Pedrosa took him out.

Pedrosa - Got the shock of his life when he took on Rossi and Rossi beat him up :twisted: but don't discount him on a smaller bike. He is a "biaggi" style racer.. smooth

Edwards - Great in WSBK and I wish.. just wish he'd get off his ass and get on a winning streak. I think he has to prove himself next year.

Capa - Small, mean, and bloody quick. Great racer and no doubt be a demon on the smaller bike.

Gibernau - who?

Melandri - The next Barros (always there in the end)

Stoner - Young and quick will give most of the guys a run for their money.

Nakano - Great guy and always seems to pull the best out of the bike (including exploding tyres at 200+)

Did Hayden deserve to win... well, I'm a Rossi fan, but I would have to say "who else if Rossi didn't get it". It will certainly get them all fired up next season. Hayden will fight to hold on to the trophy (considering he has been racing the "experimental bike" all year) so he has one up on Pedrosa.

Rossi - well you seen what happened when he went to Yamaha in the first year (he stuffed Honda good and proper), so he will be set to do the same again.

I love close racing, and I don't think we have had a season like 2006 for a while. Last round points is always a clincher.. pity it's at Valencia though, give them a decent circuit like Assen or Brno.

Roll on 2007 season 8) .. suppose I better build my Media Centre with a couple of 600Gb disks since it will be sunny every Sunday in 2007 and I'll be testing centralfugal forces.
The man with the cam (http://www.d70portfolio.com)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Bob,

I don't think Edwards had the same backing as Rossi did. When Edwards did have the up-dated frame that Rossi had he was able to run at the sharp end, which must have been the idea behind Yamaha so he could help Rossi increase his points to the maximum by keeping the others behind him.

Chris.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

As an armchair enthusiast.............I've come to the same conclusion about Edwards. He's got to be better than he apears when compared with Rossi.

Don't begrudge Hayden. He seem honest and works hard at it. There seems to be something not quite right at HRC. They should be much better than they are even without Rossi.

For me there's absolutely no doubt who is the most talented and thats where my money will be next year!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
OldBob

Post by OldBob »

sirch345 wrote:Hi Bob,

I don't think Edwards had the same backing as Rossi did. When Edwards did have the up-dated frame that Rossi had he was able to run at the sharp end, which must have been the idea behind Yamaha so he could help Rossi increase his points to the maximum by keeping the others behind him.

Chris.
Surely it would have been better to give them both the same to keep Colin up there with Vale all the time to mix it up with the rest of them. Colin gets off to a great start and builds my hopes up and then seems to drift back. Although Assen had me on the edge of my seat, and I was so close to putting my foot through the TV at the end.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

OldBob wrote: Surely it would have been better to give them both the same to keep Colin up there with Vale all the time to mix it up with the rest of them. Colin gets off to a great start and builds my hopes up and then seems to drift back. Although Assen had me on the edge of my seat, and I was so close to putting my foot through the TV at the end.
You would have thought so, but who know's :!:

I hope the same issue doesn't apply in the Yamaha team next season :!:
OldBob

Post by OldBob »

Chris - :roll: umm do we give this "go faster stripe to Rossi or Edwards" :lol:

As long as he (Colin) beats the crap out of Pedrosa I'll be happy. :twisted:
Quite funny, the missus likes Danny, but as I say... the man needs a personality injection.