Dunlop 208 GP's

General Bike chat
Teamslug

Dunlop 208 GP's

Post by Teamslug »

Has anyone used these tyres :?: on a storm and were they any good on the road, i know i have asked this question before but i cant find the answers on here :cry: let me know how they handle, last etc
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

DON'T BUY THEM, I SAW AN SP1 AT A LOCAL HONDA DEALER HAVING SOME WORK DONE AS A RESULT OF A FAULTY 208. A PATCH HAD COME OF THE FRONT TYRE (ABOUT 4 INCHES BY 6 INCHES AND 10MM THICK) AT ABOUT 100MPH AND RIPPED THROUGH EVERYTHING, IE EXHAUST FAIRING CLOCKS ETC. THE REPAIRS ARE BEING PAID FOR BY THE TYRE MANUFACTURER TO KEEP THE BLOKE QUIET. HE SHOULD SUE THEM AND THEY SHOULD RECALL AT THE 208'S. IT HAPPENED ( YOU CAN SEE THIS TOO) BECAUSE THERE WAS NO BOND/GLUE HOLDING THE TYRE LAYERS TOGETHER, OUCH.

Del.
Teamslug

Thanks

Post by Teamslug »

thanks i will leave well alone then. Dont fancy that happening :!:
pricey

Post by pricey »

delmeekc wrote:DON'T BUY THEM, I SAW AN SP1 AT A LOCAL HONDA DEALER HAVING SOME WORK DONE AS A RESULT OF A FAULTY 208.
Del.
Oh great, just fitted D208's and although they are not Gp's should I be worried, I've done two hundred miles on them and so far so good. :cry:
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

don't know but I certianly won't be touchin them with Wayne's let alone mine

Del
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Although with those fat fingers of yours Del, mine would be easier to hold!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

If youre not going to be riding the bike in the rain too often i would recommend Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsas you wont find a better tyre in the dry and ive had about 3000 miles out of mine so far. Great tyres!
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

The standard D208's are bloody excellet IMHO! They will, however, give you a good indiaction of how good or bad your suspension is set up. If it's bad they will go really blue at the edges and you'll get major "balling" on the tread.

Al.
W@zzA

Post by W@zzA »

Had a pair fitted after some corsas instantly hated the front stepped down to the limit and cracked in every tread in 1200miles. Turned out to be a dodgy one & Dunlop replaced it been fine since! Got 6k to the canvas out of the rear. Anyone got any feedback on MEZ might try them next?

W@zzA. 8O
kevin

dunlop 208GP tyres

Post by kevin »

208 GP tyres are awesome on the track but are dangerous on the road.
They need to reach an operating temp you could not achieve on the road.(the side walls are too stiff) I use them on my VTR track bike and love them.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Used a set of part worn 208GP hard race compound on my track day at Oulton last week.
Very sticky,
HOWEVER
They are effin' unstable!! I normally ride on Bridgestones and have NEVER had any instability on road or track
Going up clay hill under the bridge it was getting a MAJOR weave on almost every lap.
Tried all sorts, higher gear, lower gear, weight over the front, weight on the pegs, tight grip on the bars, loose grip etc and could not really stop it.

I did discover that rolling off the throttle helped but when you're chasing those pesky R1s you don't wanna be doing that!!

Think I'll be going for Rennsports/Supercorsas next time

Ben
kevin

208gp

Post by kevin »

208GP tyres have a very triangular profile. they turn in very quick!
stability down the back straight at Sneterton is not briliant but all adds to the fun!
8O :lol: kevin
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Used the rennsport/ supercorsa combination last year absolutly awesome grip in the dry bit iffy in the wet but there you go you pays yer money etc etc