Spit and Polish, Oh and grease!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lloydie

Re: Spit and Polish, Oh and grease!

Post by lloydie »

Don't use a wire brush attachment in a drill on ali as it will dig in and remove chunks , I did this once :-( and had to scrap the part .
darkember

Post by darkember »

lloydie wrote:Don't use a wire brush attachment in a drill on ali as it will dig in and remove chunks , I did this once :-( and had to scrap the part .
No chance was going to start with an 120 grit on an orbital disc to remove the roughness first then work my way up from there
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Had a try of the Bluejob and I have got to say it is very disappointing :thumbdown: First off I opened the pot and it was about 1/8 full to the size of the pot, so felt that was a con. Tried quite a thick paste to begin with using the supplied cloth and then some more runny paste. It made hardly any difference and was hard going so gave up. This was done with the headers mounted to the bike which didn't help and it would most likely be better with the help of some power tools. Total waste of time. I think I shall keep it just to give already polished items a quick once over but Bar keepers Friend would do the same and it would be cheaper.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers for the feedback on the Bluejob polish Carl. That business of things being a lot less than what they come in is one of my pi$$ me off's as well. Food is one of the worst industries for that without a doubt.
A shame it was a bit of a let down, but unfortunately you have to try this things to find out. At the very least you won't be wondering what it was like now.

Darkember, a bit late probably I know :wink: but start off with a grade of grit that you think will be suitable on your headers, you can always go for a coarser grit if needed. It will all depend on how bad they are to start with.

Chris.
___Norwegian___

Post by ___Norwegian___ »

Impressive! :thumbup:
Im on my 25'th motorcycle :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

___Norwegian___ wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:42 pm Impressive! :thumbup:

I can hardy believe it was that long ago I did the headers 8O