Spit and Polish, Oh and grease!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

Re: Spit and Polish, Oh and grease!

Post by fabiostar »

good god they look clean.. nice work sir....
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers Guys to you all, for your kind words on my polishing :thumbup: I can hardly believe it was so long ago when I first did that 8O
cybercarl wrote:
I've replaced the missing photo's now. I'm still not sure why that happens occasionally.
Your older post images may be loosing the links. They would have been posted when the URL pointed to haymouth, I had a similar problem when we first switched domain name. Or you are moving your images around or putting them into albums or something. Either way the links are getting broken. You had the same problem with the cracked swingarm linkage pic.

Headers are still looking great Chris. And that's impressive considering the Salty air your most likely get where you are.

(:-})
Carl, I had already changed the Haymouth bit, so it wouldn't be that, plus if it happens to one or two why not all of them I wonder :crazy: A bit of a strange one, I have noticed some of my posted pictures on here disappear, then after a day or so they are back again, odd eh.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mmm yeh an odd one. I blame Virt. :lol:

While on the subject of polishing...anyone tried Blue Job http://www.blue-job.com/
I got myself a pot to try. Going to be re-packing my cans shortly so will give my pipes a good going over with this stuff and get back to you. Before and after pics to come.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:Mmm yeh an odd one. I blame Virt. :lol:

What have I done? :(
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nothing yet...you can have this one in advance for next time. :lol:

Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:Nothing yet...you can have this one in advance for next time. :lol:

Next time? Slightly offended :lol: :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:Mmm yeh an odd one. I blame Virt. :lol:

While on the subject of polishing...anyone tried Blue Job http://www.blue-job.com/
I got myself a pot to try. Going to be re-packing my cans shortly so will give my pipes a good going over with this stuff and get back to you. Before and after pics to come.

Poor old Young Virt :) now that just doesn't sound right :lol:

Is this Blue Job suitable for stainless steel as well as chrome Carl :?:
Also what make cans have you got :?: as, if the are Scorpions they shouldn't need repacking,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It says Chrome but it's designed for getting rid of exhaust pipe Blueing, burnt on rubber, Rust, fingerprints. No mention of Stainless though :( I have a feeling this stuff is going to be like Barkeepers Friend as it's a super concentrated powder and has the same kind of application instructions.

I have SP Arata's and they defo need re-packing Chris. After seeing bits of packing flying out and flames shooting out the back on the dyno, then the amount of heat the cans are holding. The sound has also totally changed with them as well. They have gone from a deep throaty sound to a louder more tinny sound. The best way to describe is that they sound like distorted or blown speakers. My biggest worry is that I might discover a broken perforated tube from the vibrations of running around with not much if any packing.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote:
http://www.blue-job.com/

Also what make cans have you got :?: as, if the are Scorpions they shouldn't need repacking,

Chris.
Apparently it is Chris according to the blurb on the site, lets wait for the review from Carlos.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Carl, it certainly sounds like your cans need repacking with all that going on :lol:
Fingers crossed Blue Job is as good as you're hoping :thumbup:

Mac, it will be interesting to see what the results of this Blue Job is like, I'm sure Carl won't let us down :)

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Silent Sport packing turning up today (looks like 4 bags of Santa Claus beard :lol: ) so will be doing this hopefully later in the week. Just waiting for Stainlesss rivets to turn up. It will be the headers getting the Blue Job. I will have to be careful and experiment with the Titanium cans but I think I may use it on them too.

darkember

Post by darkember »

Ok exhaust system is fine & easy to do. What grades will I need to polish out the rough section in the frame. That's the triangular part that runs from the seat to a third way along the tank??
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just use scotch bright on the cans
darkember

Post by darkember »

lloydie wrote:Just use scotch bright on the cans
Cans already done to 1200 wet & dry ready for the 2 compound polish. I'm after how to deal with the rough part of the frame.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ok exhaust system is fine & easy to do. What grades will I need to polish out the rough section in the frame.
For the frame I would go down the route of using polishing clay bars. Something along the lines of the following.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Bra ... 460c786b3c

Start with a wire bristled attachment to get the worst of the lumpyness off.

The only other option is to go through various grades of wet N dry but that would be hard work.