Spit and Polish, Oh and grease!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: downpipes

Post by sirch345 »

Stormin Ben wrote:
alan wrote:Well done Chris they look very nice i started doing mine but soon got fed up i think i will chrome plate mine much easier :lol:
Surely Titanium nitrided would be better
Then its gold to match the rest of the bling bits on your bike :lol:

Sirch,
Nice job. I know wot you mean about them changing colour though -I did mine last year (using wd40 and a scouring pad) Went back on shiney silver, and a few weeks later were a nice bronze colour to match the blade fork legs.
TBH I'll not be bothering to do them again, just wipe over with some wd40 every once in a while to keep them bronze, rather than rusty brown
Cheers Ben,
Titanium nitrided, that sounds expensive but would look great :!:

I expected them to change colour but just not so quick, all it took was one ride (35miles).
Don't the WD40 just burn off (I bet that smells good :lol: ) I don't ride in the rain any more intensionally :!:
Stratman wrote:Looks fantastic Chris - I think a polishing kit for Christmas would be a good thing to wile away the long evenings - it looks realy good mate.
Cheers Paul,
I like your thinking for Christmas pressies, would make a nice change from socks :!: :lol:
pmcq wrote:Wow.... fantastic work there Chris!

Would be tempted to get myself a kit also. But the danger would be that I'd start polishing everything! Hmmm.... wonder would my cage look good in silver, or maybe those Storm wheels or my bicycle :-)
Cheers Pmcq,
You're right, polishing is definitely addictive :!: I entended to just do the headers, but couldn't resist doing the rear sets, the gear change linkage and lever, the rear brake lever and both link pipes, so guy's you've been warned :!: :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Wow Chris, Lookin Smart 8)

Chris Said
You're right, polishing is definitely addictive I entended to just do the headers, but couldn't resist doing the rear sets, the gear change linkage and lever, the rear brake lever and both link pipes, so guy's you've been warned
What time shall I bring mine around?

Pete.l
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote:Wow Chris, Lookin Smart 8)

Chris Said
You're right, polishing is definitely addictive I entended to just do the headers, but couldn't resist doing the rear sets, the gear change linkage and lever, the rear brake lever and both link pipes, so guy's you've been warned
What time shall I bring mine around?

Pete.l
Cheers Pete, come around anytime you like :!: I'm never in :lol: :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Cheers Pete, come around anytime you like I'm never in
Ya Bugger
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

They look bloody fantastic!! Mine never looked that good, even when it was new! I wouldn't want to take it out in winter if I'd put that much effort into it.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote:
Cheers Pete, come around anytime you like I'm never in
Ya Bugger
Jaglifter wrote:They look bloody fantastic!! Mine never looked that good, even when it was new! I wouldn't want to take it out in winter if I'd put that much effort into it.
Cheers Jaglifter, I will admit I don't go out in the rain (intensionally) those day's are gone :!: :D
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

look brilliant, if i could spare the time i would do that to mine, but i polished the footrests by hand and after that i think i would rather pay somebody to polish than ruin whats left of my hands!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Squiffythewombat wrote:look brilliant, if i could spare the time i would do that to mine, but i polished the footrests by hand and after that i think i would rather pay somebody to polish than ruin whats left of my hands!
Cheers Toby, you're right about it taking quite a lot of time :!: :)
lloydie

Re: Spit and Polish, Oh and grease!

Post by lloydie »

Still amazes me how well these turns out .
How do they look now ?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote:Still amazes me how well these turns out .
How do they look now ?
I've replaced the missing photo's now. I'm still not sure why that happens occasionally.

I give them a liberal wipe over with some WD40 now and again, also I don't ride in the rain any more if I can avoid it :D so that probably helps.
There are a few bits that could do with a rub down and polish up again, but those are not easy to see.

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Very nice copper look about them .you've inspired me to do my road ones.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote:Very nice copper look about them .you've inspired me to do my road ones.
Oh no 8O :lol:

Chris.
koko

Post by koko »

A very good looking set of pipes mate. Winter time = polishing time!
NOT SO MEAN,NOT SO LEAN,EX-MAROON MACHINE!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I've replaced the missing photo's now. I'm still not sure why that happens occasionally.
Your older post images may be loosing the links. They would have been posted when the URL pointed to haymouth, I had a similar problem when we first switched domain name. Or you are moving your images around or putting them into albums or something. Either way the links are getting broken. You had the same problem with the cracked swingarm linkage pic.

Headers are still looking great Chris. And that's impressive considering the Salty air your most likely get where you are.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bbancsov

Post by bbancsov »

Those look fantastic! I've painted mine black with high temp paint, wouldn't enjoy keeping those guys clean with all the riding i do!