double 0 is back....

General Biker Banter
Zer0Zer0

double 0 is back....

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Firstly Thank you all for your most kind concern. Norma and myself are especially grateful for , and touched by the warmth and downright good-nature of those herin....
secondly [insert bart simpson voice over] THIS POST CONTAINS MATERIAL AND IMAGES LIKELY TO MAKE YOU PUKE (SERIOUSLY) if you are easily offended bugger off.

I'm still a little left of the dog star due to all the super strong, thats pharmacuitcal quality, drugs. So this post won't be as long as I first anticipated. Enough of the BS, lets get on with the gory detail.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

oh yes its as nasty as it looks.. hidden inside are a seven inch piece of surgical titanium strap fixed through the clavicle [collar bone] by eight surgical titanium screws ..[the xray looks positively frankenstienian]..
the nine inch incision looks like it was done with a broken bottle.[feels like it too ] seventeen steel staples hold the wound shut.[thats gonna leave one wombles off scar boy...] all i can really say about this whole incident is

WATCH THOSE wombles TIGHT CORNERS PEOPLE...
my injuries include the obviously broken collarbone..what you cant see however is the diagonal fracture running from bottom left to top right ...on my left scapula [shoulder blade] every breath is fking torture. thanks to several inoperable bone flakes from said scapula [will get better in time]
im still pretty numb from the block [freeze] the sandman putin my shoulder . gonna need the little pills when that wears off boy...and the wound is starting to itch and sting a bit .

dinnertime back soon .... :wink:
mmmmmm fish n chips.....needed that
hopefully ill get the bike tomorrow. .not looking forwards to that .ill post pics when i can .. ill stop now cos i need to sleep..sorry if this post is a little off ill make a better effort in a day or two.....Marty... :roll:

oh yeah and can you spot the Turin shoulder.... :lol:
looks like john lennon with a nosebleed
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

"super strong pharmacuitcal quality drugs" you've knocked it off there big chap :wink: should save you a few quid :wink:

On a more serious note, glad to see your up and about (almost) :D
Rich.

SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

You'll have to dig a bit deeper thier's no bogey on that finger :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice wound take it easy enjoy the pharmacutical's :roll: :roll:
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

You might be in pain dude
but at least your here to tell us about it :D
That's also what I've just told my nephew at the local hospital. He was a passenger in an out of control car Friday night and has ended up with a bruised heart, broken ribs , collapsed lung and a split spleen.
He's pretty banged up but after a rough weekend he's nice and stable at the mo and I've even managed to get him to set off all his monitors with one of my bad jokes which got all the nurses running and me a bollocking :D .
Glad your home safe Marty, take it slow (at first :wink: )

Pete.l
alan

double o is back

Post by alan »

Make no wonder i cant get any titanium bolts and plate for my special im building :lol: you have it all!!!!!!! :lol:

Seriously glad your okay i know what your going through not personally but my wife broke her neck a few years back clevicle 6 and 7 thing is they never found it till a few months later, when she was crippled and unable to walk at the time it was 50/50 she would walk again before and after the op.
A bit like what happened to the late Steve Hislop same injury didnt detect it for ages.

We have some juicy pics of her neck with staples in!!

Alan
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Heh... now you'll have the same fun at airports that I have.

Glad you're out and back home.

Continued best wishes.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

They've done a good job on closing that wound, Marty. Scar won't be too bad when it's all over with. Don't worry though, it'll still be show-offable :wink: .

Take care!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Shaken but not stirred eh Marty ! Funky bruising !!!!!
Hope the bikes not too bad. Mend quick mate ! :D
gcs

Post by gcs »

8) hope the recovery goes well, looks awesome, Battle scar beats tattoo anytime :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Great news Marty, pleased too hear you're back home :!:

The strange thing is I was able to decipher this post of yours easier than your normal ones :wink: :wink: :lol:

Seriously though I wish you a speedy recovery :!:

Chris.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

glad to see you're on the road to recovery

and you'll win the "well my scar is bigger than yours" hands down :wink:
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Really great to see the pics of you in pain............yeah like that a lot.
Why.........cos its better than you pushing up the daisys.

Now a word about all those lovely drugs..............CONSTIPATION LIKE YOU WONT BELIEVE.............take loads of water, fruit, bran, senna and lactulose syrup.

You seriously dont want those little nurses to have to get the rubber glove do you?

he he hehehh
it may be clever, but its not big.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Marty,
Good to hear you are on the mend.
At least you'll have a decent story to tell the kids.
There's no way I'm telling anyone how I broke my collarbone

Alan,
OK, so who spent their entire time in biology at school sat at the back sniggering at the rude pictures?

Clavicle = collar bone
Scapula = shoulder blade

Cervical vertebra = neck bones

PS it was playing kiss chase :oops:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
kevg

Post by kevg »

good to hear your back home and enjoying the meds, i'm staying up here next weekend, i'll pop down and see you on the sat or sun afternoon, which ever i'm the most sober on. make you laugh a bit. :wink:
cheerz

kev
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

RAINMAKER wrote:You seriously dont want those little nurses to have to get the rubber glove do you?
he he hehehh
Who says he dosnt? Maybe it's his sort of thing? :wink:
Last edited by cupasoop on Mon May 22, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich.