Tail Lights

General Bike chat
Anonymous

Tail Lights

Post by Anonymous »

Anyone know if someone has made a clear rear light lens for the Storm - found some manufacturers who make them but not for the Storm....
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

http://www.radiantz.com/radiantz/index.htm
http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/

Give them a ring or mail them and ask for John, he will sort it out. Got me
a clear alternatives from the states for the B-Bird for ?30odd

Fluffy
You can get LED replacement tail lights from

http://www.performancemotorcycleparts.co.uk/

which will set them off nicely! The only thing about them is that thet don't have the raidialy mounted white LED's to light up your number plate but I'm sure witha little imagination you can work something out.

Al.
Anonymous

Top Banana!!

Post by Anonymous »

:D Sorted, thanx for that... I have been looking everywhere for a lens! I probably won't bother about the number plate illumination - 1. I don't often ride at night and 2. There are plenty of other items that the bizzies would find interesting so one more won't matter!!!

Thanx again!
Anonymous

And another thing...

Post by Anonymous »

I just realised I have used Performance Motorcycle Parts before - they are top guys... I'll order the leds from them....
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: Top Banana!!

Post by firestorm_al »

Speedy wrote::D Sorted, thanx for that... I have been looking everywhere for a lens! I probably won't bother about the number plate illumination - 1. I don't often ride at night and 2. There are plenty of other items that the bizzies would find interesting so one more won't matter!!!

Thanx again!
Does the MOT not require the number plate light??
Anonymous

MOT

Post by Anonymous »

Yes, but I can easily put the standard bulbs and lens back on for MOT time...
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

You could always fit a row of white LED's to the bottom of the new lens shining down the way.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I guess as long as they only shine down that should be fairly easy to put in...
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Let us know how you get on getting hold of the lens. I may be interested myself!

Al
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

OK - I just ordered it!! May take a while from the States but I'll let you know... Once my bike is finished I'll do some pics to put on the site.
WayneM

Cool

Post by WayneM »

I've ordered one as well. I'm toying with the idea of mounting the indicator bulbs (amber) in with the rear lights (just brought some spares from Stu on the list). I doubt Im the first to think of trying this - anyone know if it'll work?

I wont bother with the plate light as I only keep my bikes a year from new so MOT wont be a problem.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Wayne

You have too much money.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:? So I've ordered this lens, now what I need are two replacement LED bulbs. Trouble is, I can't find any of the correct type. They seem to be easily available in bayonet fitting (1157 type) but not in the type that the Storm uses (well, my Storm anyway - the push in ones in the tail). Ledtronics have various automotive fitments and although some of them look similar, none of the codes match. Feckkin butt.... Anyone know what the code for these bulbs is?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:( I think I just found the code - 7443. Getting LED replacements doesn't look too promising - I have e-mailed Ledtronics to hopefully get some help...