ello peeps

General Biker Banter
emperor

ello peeps

Post by emperor »

just got me a firestorm about 2months ago:D whoooo! so thought id say ello & all that. the firestorm is truley a fantastic bike, just done a bafflectomy on my standard cans , whoo! first mod & pleased with the louder sound and the price - nowt :) bike is a bit of a bugger to wake up on cold mornings, seems like the battery is on the verge of dying - i think i just got a stubborn one - aready changed reg/rec so optimate will hopefully sort it out.

Any other firestorm riders in the co.durham area? cant wait for the winter to buger off as there are some fantastic roads up ere.

anyhooo tata
Tim
self note: i will not wuss out and drive a car in winter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

HI Tim
:D Welcome on Board :D
Cold Starts Brrrrr..they don't like em!
Try hitting the starter button with no choke, let the engine turn over a couple of times and then pull the choke out.
I've found it's a speed thing If you can get the engine turning over faster it will normally start. (and a good battery helps)

Pete.l
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Hello Emperor

Your in Kaz country....BEWARE :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Kaz)

Anyhow enjoy the laughs here
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
emperor

Post by emperor »

yea been trying to get a good technique to start to beast, gotta go for me lunch now so ill try it, as its bitterly cold in barnard castle today. tis a bugger like cos from my office window i can see a nice windy road that leads to the north pennines, high force and some beautiful smooth curvy roads , but, this time of year its coated in ice, mud and deisel :(

Kaz country? sounds intresting :D havebt seen any other stroms on the road road here, but ait realy been lookin

tim

p.s excuse my spelling im pants at it, must have been dreaming about bikes in my english classes :P
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Tim,

Chris.
emperor

Post by emperor »

tell u what kaz, ill swap u my storm for your mille! :D what my bike lacks in value it makes it back with charm and charisma :P but seriously what the mille like compared to the storm, as ive always liked the looks of the mille but never got a chance to ride one. I live in bishop aucklnad so really not that far from you , we'll have to go out for a blast when the weather is abit better :) U ever ridden through hamsterly forest? theres a mad mad road through the back, completely and utterly bonkers with hairpins on blind summits and the steepest inclines ever but very good fun
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Welcome Emperor !.
If you start the bike on a daily basis try giving it some choke just before you turn the ignition off on your last ride, this might help the next time you start it up. Used to work for manual choke cars !

Stu.