fun with my subaru!

General Biker Banter
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

O.M.G Kaz you nutter !!!! :lol: Doesnt the scooby have 4 wheel drive ?
Might have helped !
You need to get some seriously decent tyres on there A.S.A.P ! :D
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Toyo Proxes T1-S

They might not be the biggest name in tyres but they were designed for 4 wheel drive jap turbo cars. I had them on my Scooby and they worked a treat in all weathers. You can also get an anti-dive kit which will take away a lot of the understeer from the car (that's how i crashed mine :oops: ). You can also have some different anti roll bar bushes fitted which tighten the whole thing up.

You really need quite expensive soft rubber on a scooby to avoid those kind of moments.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Eyup Kaz

Good to hear you and your scoob are ok.

I had a few moments in mine in the wet during the time I had it, the most memorable was going into a roundabout twice as quick as I should've and broadsiding it towards the roundabout itself. Fortunately my bottle didn't go, and some opposite lock and a bit of power pulled it round the other way (still sidewards but scrubbing off speed all along). Must have looked impressive but I had to get the seat cleaned afterwards.

The thing with scoobys is they can act like a front wheel drive or rear wheel drive as well as a 4wd depending on circumstances, which sorta makes the handling hard to predict at times. There are instances where instinct tells you to back off the throttle but that only makes things worse in a scoob - having said that it sounds like things had gotten beyond that point in your case anyway!
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

For a more balancede and predictable drive try an Evo 6. Never as good to look at as a Scooby but no understeer at all, just grip, more grip and then more grip and then the rear lets go very quickly and you are into looking out of the side window to see where you are going!

Would have the new Evo 9 tomorrow if i had the money but everything seems to go into bikes at the moment :lol:
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

..... and there was me thinking 'scoob' was another word for daughter when it was first mentioned.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....wait a minute!

good work kaz! You tempted to try and bit of sideways movement on the bike? :D