Winter Riding

General Biker Banter
Zer0Zer0

Winter Riding

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Well its' just about here , The yearly four month assault course for bikers.
Had a little taste of what was to come, on the way home from work last night. The council in their wisdom had spread Salt [more like rocks] in and around the town, even though it was 2 degrees above freezing the roads were a little damp. Jeeeeeesus it was like trying to ride on marbles! rear wheel was spinning up all over the place , had to ride home like my Granny.
couldnt open the throttle at all . To all the gritting crews at councils countrywide.... A Finer Grind Please... the shite that gets spread on our roads in winter is bad enough, without it being the size of cat litter....
And to all you road builders out there havent' you guys come up with somekind of thermoreactive additive that would keep the road temperature
at say 7-10 degrees celsius all year ?? you know warm in winter.. cooler in summer.......Food for thought.
8)
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

You could always move to Australia, Zero, where most of the time, the roads are all perfect 8) .

On occasion, though, be warned that you may return to your bike to find it somewhat sideways, with the stand embedded a good few inches into the rather hot bitumen :? .

Spent last weekend at Surfers' Paradise on the Gold Coast. Scantily clad youths everywhere! Ahhhh, Australian Summers :D 8) .
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Shudup !!! Shudup i say !!!!!! baaaaaahhhhhhhh !!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

.... Amazing... I only realised now yella, that the girl in your sig has a honda sign on her top!

And as for VTRgirl... why I outta.. rub our noses in it why dont ya!! :D
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Well, it was suggested as a possible location for next years meet, but I believe it was out-voted after someone mumbled something about fuel consumption :roll: . Of course, our fuel's about 1/3 the price of yours... 8)
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

think yourself lucky zero down here and in the west mids areas the gritter type poeple put an additive into the grit to prolong the life of it on the road.
downside is they didnt test this stuff and last year bikers were coming off left right and centre for no apparent reason.
until one day one of our advanced bretheran(who was being followed by the fuzz) came off, result the police investigated and found the road was slippyer than an eal in copper slip becuase of the grit/additive.
needless to say first sign of grit and im off the road now, sorry for being a wimp :oops:
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

crap aint it, mcn did summat about it but i cant remember what the outcome was :?
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

What! they still use the crap after its been discovered to be dangerous???
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
droid

Post by droid »

Cheers Edd...just explained why the roads round Tam are like greased weasel sh1t at the mo...rear wheel steering anyone...grrrrrr
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

not a lot to say there, 8O