Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Looks as if Kaz's original opinion could be right :!: :!: :!:

Take a look at this:-

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/censu ... itemid=260

Chris.
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

8O OOPS!!,been with em three years,dial up,512,1meg,2meg,never been perfect,but fast enough normally,makes ya wonder though after reading all them,cheers chris :wink:
Wow! bet that can shift
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ians98VTR wrote:8O OOPS!!,been with em three years,dial up,512,1meg,2meg,never been perfect,but fast enough normally,makes ya wonder though after reading all them,cheers chris :wink:
I wasn't trying to rub your noses in it, in actual fact I was in two minds whether to post the link or not :!:
But I then thought probably best if I do, at least it gives you the chance to read it for yourselves and if you are not that far into your contract you may be able to sort out something now rather than later on :!:

Also its a warning to the others,

Chris.
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

i am glad you posted it mate,might try another isp yet,just seems more trouble than its worth,dont know any better only been with tiscali.who do you use chris,maybe we could run a survey on ere,see whats hot and whats not? :roll:
Wow! bet that can shift
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Ian,
I'm with Wanadoo (£17.99 per month, with 1meg d/load speed and 2G usage limit) at the moment, contract ends Feb 06, I really need a less expensive ISP but after hearing all these problems with different ISP's I'm a bit loath to change :!: I must say Wanadoo IMO give a pretty good service, as yourself I was on dial-up with them before I progressed to broadband. The only time I have noticed a slow down is usually around 1pm, thats probably when all the American Wanadoo users start work :roll:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Try Virgin, i've been with them a year now, no contract, cheepest B/band starts at £14.99 (i think) and had no problems what so ever.
Thumbs up from me

Pete.l
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote: I decided to ring Tiscali.
I told then how crap there service was. he wanted me to ruin a ispconnect speed check. I ran it 4 times, and each time it came back with a totally different and random speed!!!!
I had been thinking that checking your broadband speed might be a good idea, especially when things are going slow, but you beat me to it :!:

I have the 1meg download speed (I think you are on the 2meg download speed when its working properly) I tested mine earlier this week and these were the results:-

Actual speed downstream 944Kbps (118.0 KB/sec)
Actual speed upstream 242Kbps ( 30.3 KB/sec)

Those speeds are pretty reasonable.
How does that compair with your best speed :?:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:thats miles better than what we've ever had Chris.

think the best we've ever seen is about 273kbps.... worst is 87kbps
No wonder you're not a happy bunny, Kaz :!:

Chris.