Ouch.......

General Bike chat
vtrjock

Ouch.......

Post by vtrjock »

Took the storm in to Local Honda dealer for a 16'000 mile service on Friday.
Full service, valve checks etc + front pads, c & s and plugs. Provided my own air filter.
£416...........wow

£220 labour.......yikes.......any thoughts / comparisons on this or am I being a bit tight n paranoid??!! 8O
Plus point was talking to a Red storm owner outside.(asked if he wuz from Loughborough but he wasn't :wink: ) checking out his Skorpion high levels. Stamped jobbies so a little muted but with a nice-ish sound.
Looked nice in titanium. He said he liked 'em but then he did add that he was the sales manager for Skorpion !! (is it a K or a C in that spelling?)
Small world eh?
Nice to see a busy bikeshop come out to see the "friendly face of vee-twins" when I fired it up though.snigger.

Right, I'm off to flog me butt up Hyson Green............laterzzz
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Thats pretty much what I was charged for the same a month or so ago.

So, Honda are consistent. Consistently bloody expensive! Try and find someone else who knows what they are doing to do the work for you. Im using Del, he does a much better job then Honda and doesnt charge anywhere near as much. Result! Shame you "up north" otherwise Id say give him a ring.

Cheers
Wayne
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Yup, I'd seen the recomendos for Del but as you say, bit of a hike!
Bummer.

Mind you, look on the bright side. If Honda do bring out a Road going version of the RCV...imagine the service costs of that beastie 8O
Hell, I'd need finance just for the plugs.

I gotta say they did a god job though, despite the cost.(humble pie moment). Asking the mechanic about the infamous cam chain tensioner hic-up with VTRs was interesting. He said the rear was ok coz gravity lends a hand lubing the mechanism but the front was not as well juiced up....classic Honda eh? Having said that, he did add that he could only remember havig had one storm with this problem whilst he could pull out at least 30 CBR600s that he'd had to fix for similar woes.
Phew, don't feel so bad now. 'ang on...what's that rattling noise?!!

cheers
Andy