Mosler MT900 1 : VTR1000F 0

General Biker Banter
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

sirch345 wrote:
bluesman wrote: My friend drives FZR1000 EXUP from 1995, his bike eats almost 1 l of oil every 1000 km (typical of that model of Yamaha, nothing wrong - just eats lot of oil unless you keep it very hot) while Storm ate no oil at all.
Problem is not consumption, problem is size of tank... :cry:
A mate of mine use to have a Thunderace which drank about the same amount of oil as your mates FZR1000 EXUP. I wonder what the R1 is like :!:

Chris.
And a mate of mine i ride with regular has an 03 GSXR1000 and he gets the same mpg from his bike as my storm, dont know the tank capacity though.
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

sirch345 wrote:
bluesman wrote: My friend drives FZR1000 EXUP from 1995, his bike eats almost 1 l of oil every 1000 km (typical of that model of Yamaha, nothing wrong - just eats lot of oil unless you keep it very hot) while Storm ate no oil at all.
Problem is not consumption, problem is size of tank... :cry:
A mate of mine use to have a Thunderace which drank about the same amount of oil as your mates FZR1000 EXUP. I wonder what the R1 is like :!:

Chris.
As far as I hear from R1 owners (02-04 models) it does eat much more oil than let say CBR954 or 1000rr, but not as bad as FZR or Thunderace...
They all had troubles with gearbox or clutch thou...
I been told that it is result of expanded clearance piston/bore, meant to deal with heat expansion. However, CBR900 of 1995 eats just no oil at all, and FZR swallows liters :) it's one of most common jokes in our biking community when we start silly talks about what is better - Honda or Yamaha :lol: Honda-men argument " Yamaha eats oil" :lol:
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hey Bluesman, its bad enough over here coughing up for fuel let alone extra for oil :!:
Obviously if we were running two strokes we would have no choice :lol:
But we're not :!:

Chris.