the v twin noise

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
vtr-bad-boy

the v twin noise

Post by vtr-bad-boy »

is it just me (cos only had bike a week&running it with v v v loud pipes on it) but my vtr sounds like my old in-line four when it was only running on 3 cylinders. am i being paranoid, or do all v twins sound abit like that???? i am a bit thick, so ill send my appologies now :oops:
markg

Post by markg »

think it sounds more like a vee twin running on two cylinders mate :D
A year ago or even 6 months ago you would have never got me on a twin coz I loved screaming fours so much.
The thing that got me hooked was listening to that noise you hear at Brit and WSB races........facking lovely 8).....you probably cant hear it with loud pipes but with standard pipes you can hear a great sound as the airbox sucks in all that air needed to do 30 mpg!! 8)
vtr-bad-boy

Post by vtr-bad-boy »

thanks markg, i do love the sound of it with the origional pipes on, but that growl from the carbon race cans do it for me!!!
thanks for imput, told u i was bit thick, he he :lol: :lol: :lol:
stay low, move fast, trust no-one!!!
markg

Post by markg »

hmmm...loud cans..how I need some soooo badly :cry:
almost rammed a bar down the exhaust today to destroy some of that baffle.......didnt someone tell mr Honda that Firestorms are supposed to be mad,bad and VERY LOUD!!! :evil:
vtr-bad-boy

Post by vtr-bad-boy »

just put in k&n filter.......hope this makes it faster!!!
stay low, move fast, trust no-one!!!
vtrjock

Re: the v twin noise

Post by vtrjock »

vtr-bad-boy wrote:is it just me (cos only had bike a week&running it with v v v loud pipes on it) but my vtr sounds like my old in-line four when it was only running on 3 cylinders. am i being paranoid, or do all v twins sound abit like that???? i am a bit thick, so ill send my appologies now :oops:
Hey, look on the crazy side bad-fella! My bro has bought a RSV Mille and with standard pipe setup it sounds uncannily like.......A CX500 ! EEK!!!!!!

Doctor.....pass the ear grenade please !