Don't some people drive you

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Don't some people drive you

Post by sirch345 »

Don't some people drive you mad, I have had an item for sale on ebay for about 4 days now with one bid (starting bid) now I've just had an email from bidder to say that they've changed their mind :!: :!: :!: , can I please cancel their bid :roll: :roll:

I know this is against ebays policy as a bid is binding, except in extreme cases, but what is the chance of me getting paid :?:

Chris.

PS. Time wasters spring to mind :!:
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

What are you selling mate?
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Are you happy with the starting bid, Chris? If you are, then maybe leave it & if he(?) doesn't pay, at least you can stuff up his ebay reputation. If you're not happy with it, then may as well cancel it. No harm done.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

melis wrote:What are you selling mate?
Nothing special mate, just some used car bits,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:Are you happy with the starting bid, Chris? If you are, then maybe leave it & if he(?) doesn't pay, at least you can stuff up his ebay reputation. If you're not happy with it, then may as well cancel it. No harm done.
Good advice VTRgirl thanks, I'll have a think about it :wink:

Chris.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

negative feedback always makes people think twice about messing geuine ebayers about!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Just to let you know the out come, the bidder has cancelled her bid and guess what her reason was,( it was different than the reason given when she emailed me)" she couldn't contact the seller" :!: :!: :!:

Chris.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

the only way i have a storm is by selling stuff on ebay, so as a hardcore ebayer this is what i have to say:

a)It is NOT against ebays policy to retract bids, its completly aloud! All that happens is on their feedback scores theres a counter for "retracted bids"

b)if its been on for 4 days and only one person has bid on it and theyve changed their minds, doesnt it say something about your item/ the price?

c)millions of people have ebay accounts and theres always going to be the bad apple. I sell on several accounts and this happens 1 in 50 deals i would say!

d)you cant neg her unless she wins

e)you called her a timewaster, yes she is, but its ebay, your going to get these people, have you ever run a retail shop? LOL and you think ebays bad!

g)getting good prices on ebay is all about descriptions, good pictures, nice feedback and cats, cats, cats! If an item is a total bargain with a 100% feedback seller, it still wont sell if its in the wrong cat.

h)If she uses ebays contact you form it will send you an "ebay message", you can also setup automatic emailing and automatic invoicing so you dont have to use the ebay gui.

any questions just ask, i seem to spend my life on ebay!

~squiffys ebay tips - the dark art of ebaying~
If your searching for an item thats quite common but generally always recieves many bids, try mis-spelling it when you search. you would be surprised how many dlsyexics there are out there. EG: my sidi verts with the crome bits cost me £22 in 3 bids because the guy mis-spelt vertibrea

ALways bid in the last 25seconds unless you are not in front of the pc when the auction ends.

Instead of putting your max bid as say £15.00 ALWAYS make it £15.56. This means that if somebody is bidding against you and enters 15 as their max bid they wont top you because of the 56p. the 6p is important as many people use "the 50p technique" and the extra 6 can be the winning factor sometimes!

Dont let sellers bully you into the 4% paypal tax, its against ebays rules (however if its stated on the auction as well as the invoice it becomes a grey area as far as negs are concerned!)

here endth todays lesson!
(thats the second essay post ive written now...ZZZZZ)
Toby
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Squiffythewombat wrote: If your searching for an item thats quite common but generally always recieves many bids, try mis-spelling it when you search. you would be surprised how many dlsyexics there are out there. EG: my sidi verts with the crome bits cost me £22 in 3 bids because the guy mis-spelt vertibrea

Toby
From the cupasoop bag of ebay tricks...............
http://www.fatfingers.com/
Rich.

Squiffythewombat

nice one rich, thats a clever little site!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Nice one soop ! You beat me to it ! :D Found that a while ago but never used it.
Personally i have only had one bad experience and that was because of poor communication with a German guy, language barrier and all that ! :roll:
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

sirch345 wrote:Just to let you know the out come, the bidder has cancelled her bid and guess what her reason was,( it was different than the reason given when she emailed me)" she couldn't contact the seller" :!: :!: :!:

Chris.
Unfortunately, I have had to cancel some bids and always my fault. :oops: I get a little excited and don't read the ad properly. It only gives you a couple of options for a reason for retraction, so that's why even though she did contact you she probably didn't have another option to use.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

These are the actual words written by Ebay :!:

It is ONLY OK to retract a bid if...,

(1)You accidentally enter a wrong bid amount (for example, you bid £99.50 instead of £9.95). If this occurs, re-enter the correct bid amount immediately.

(2)The description of an item you have bid on has changed significantly.

(3)You cannot reach the seller. This means that you have tried calling the seller and the seller's phone number doesn't work, or you have tried emailing the seller and it comes back undeliverable.

Chris.
Squiffythewombat

ooooo ok i was wrong on that one!!

Still tho inmo i think its something you have to lump, ive sold 100's of items on ebay and had a few bid reductions, as ive said earlier i think its just the way the land lies...but everyones different..
Squiffy_The_Wombat

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Squiffythewombat wrote:ooooo ok i was wrong on that one!!

Still tho inmo i think its something you have to lump, ive sold 100's of items on ebay and had a few bid reductions, as ive said earlier i think its just the way the land lies...but everyones different..
Well at least you're man enough to admit it :!:
Thanks for the tips you did give me :!:
The reason IMO i've not had much interest in what i'm selling is basically there's only going to be a very limited market for it :!:
I've not run a retail shop myself, but i've being dealing with the general public (council tenants) for the last 18 years, so I do know how some people can be :!:

Chris.