Hello

General Biker Banter
Love my vtr!

Hello

Post by Love my vtr! »

Hi all, just chopped my CBR400 in for a Firestorm, best choice i have ever made! Just a bit of difference as im sure you can imagine lol
Are their any issues that i should know about? already discoverd the shockingly small fuel tank, bit of a pain in the ass but doesnt take the smile away
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Love my vtr!, Spend some time having a look through all the threads (well some of them) on here :!: I think most VTR things have been covered. If you want to find out about anything in particular you can ask us, or do a "search" just above,

Chris.
rockape34

Post by rockape34 »

Welcome to the VTR....you'll need this useful link to plan your rideouts too.
http://maps.google.co.uk/ 8)
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

welcome, welcome come in and sit down chill and be happy. didnt anybody explian that you need an aircraft refuler where ever you go? :)
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Welcome welcome. Come join the party, LMV (sounds like a record label...)

The small tank was designed that way because it's important to let other riders come & admire your bike at fuel stops. It's difficult for them to do so otherwise, because firestorm riders are always on the move & usually so advanced that others have trouble keeping up. They try though, in order to check out the amazing steed. This can cause accidents as they tend to go beyond their limits. Hence, the tank size is such out of consideration for others.

...sorry :roll:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

VTRgirl wrote:Welcome welcome. Come join the party, LMV (sounds like a record label...)

The small tank was designed that way because it's important to let other riders come & admire your bike at fuel stops. It's difficult for them to do so otherwise, because firestorm riders are always on the move & usually so advanced that others have trouble keeping up. They try though, in order to check out the amazing steed. This can cause accidents as they tend to go beyond their limits. Hence, the tank size is such out of consideration for others.

Welcome...to this vtr global forum...

x Vtr Girl....funny explanation about vtr tank :lol:

Ciao
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote: The small tank was designed that way because it's important to let other riders come & admire your bike at fuel stops. It's difficult for them to do so otherwise, because firestorm riders are always on the move & usually so advanced that others have trouble keeping up. They try though, in order to check out the amazing steed. This can cause accidents as they tend to go beyond their limits. Hence, the tank size is such out of consideration for others.

Don't apologise that was brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps not so appropriate for those with the larger tank :!:

Chris.
Hush

Post by Hush »

Made the same choice myself this year, fantastic! Get yourself up to brands for a track day, you won't be disappointed, pulls out of corners beautifully! I'm going on the 31st August (focused events), just in case you fancy it!
Girlie_Biker

Post by Girlie_Biker »

Welcome aboard.

Wel said VtrGirl! Lovei t, best reason I've ever heard for a small tank! :lol:
ZZ-RAWR!
VTR1000 Firestorm "the Animal"
ZZR600E "the Baby"
GPZ500s "the Brat"
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

Girlie_Biker wrote:Welcome aboard.

Wel said VtrGirl! Lovei t, best reason I've ever heard for a small tank! :lol:
I thought it had something to do with chipolata size. :oops:
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
Love my vtr!

Post by Love my vtr! »

Thanks for replying, v good reason for the small tank lol
Todays topic is "belly pans-yes or no" not to sure on the styling myself, anyone know where to find a selection?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Love my vtr! wrote:Thanks for replying, v good reason for the small tank lol
Todays topic is "belly pans-yes or no" not to sure on the styling myself, anyone know where to find a selection?
Have a look at this, there are some links, worth looking at IMO,

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/phpBB2 ... php?t=3435

Chris.
d&s

Post by d&s »

Damn, ya,s found me out. What with me being so vain and all(you know they wrote that song about me) I needed to be seen at every fuel stop. Most of those pretty little attendants love a throbbing twin under thier buts. And the mums after dropping off the kids always give admiration. Hell I hate sharing! 8)
Submariners go down for a living..!!

dark&stormy
(the bike stupid)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

d&s wrote:Damn, ya,s found me out. What with me being so vain and all(you know they wrote that song about me) I needed to be seen at every fuel stop. Most of those pretty little attendants love a throbbing twin under thier buts. And the mums after dropping off the kids always give admiration. Hell I hate sharing! 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I presume you're referring to VTRgirls opinion on the small fuel tank :!: :!: :!:
Smart girl there 8)

Chris.