My first biking weekend!

General Bike chat
wezrvf

My first biking weekend!

Post by wezrvf »

Well the VTR is sorted the timing was out and one of the chains jumped a tooth but no damage was done. I am going to be doing about 800 miles this weekend so has anyone got any advice on my first time or anything tyo look out for on the vtr, i hope the weather is ok i will be around the lakes and lancaster way so should get some nice pics of the vtr with some hills or something, sad i know. Any help will be great though.

Thankyou!
Wez
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Yeh, look out for the cops. You dont want busted so soon.
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good one Rich :!:

Make sure you don't run out of fuel :!:

Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Only advice... Have a blast & don't stress! 8)

Lookin' forward to the pics.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Syntec4

Post by Syntec4 »

Have a good time wez, take some waterproofs :D

It looks like rain. Pissing down here in Urmston at the mo.

Will you be going to Devils Bridge? I might be there on Sunday.
wezrvf

Post by wezrvf »

Thanks guys, i will watch my fuel but i think i should be ok, i might be at the bridge on Sunday look out for a yellow Storm with Microns, oh it has the white bit on the front and back too. I dont mind if it isnt sunny but please dont rain but i will get some good pics anyway of the views.
Take care
Wez
t00lkit

Advice

Post by t00lkit »

Wez

My advice would be to take some waterproofs and visor cleaner.

You're bound to get loads of midges out in the lakes, and the bike will get covered too.

Keep the bike topped up with fuel, as you never know when the next station will be.

Keep yourself topped up with water and food as this helps the concentration on long rides.

Keep a look out for those cameras.

Most of all, have a great time!

Here endeth the lesson

Father toolkit.
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:twisted: have a soft cusion waiting for you when you get home :twisted:
:P :P :P
Pete.l
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Well Wez, the weekend's as good as gone here... So how was it??? & how's your butt? :lol:
wezrvf

Post by wezrvf »

Well i am back and i had an ace time, i done just under 500miles and spent around £60ish on fuel but i had a really good time, i must admit though i did wimp out a lot more than i thought i would didnty get it over as much as i wanted but the roads are ace, they were soooo good, didnt see a single copper and it spat for about 10 mins all weekend so it was a big sucsess. I did go to the bridge and i only saw one more storm, it was a yellow one that looked like it had gone down on the right, let me know if this was any of you guys and if anyone was there and saw my baby, hehehe.

By elbow hurts and my wrist is shot but it has been broken 3 times so was do i exspect.
Overall good weekedn want to do more but really need to get the confidence in the corners a bit more, any help will be great, hehe

Cheers any guys
Wez
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

We done Wez, sounds like you really enjoyed yourself which is what biking is all about IMO. Glad to hear you're back in one piece even if you have got a sore butt :!: I think it was Pete who recommended a waiting cushion for your return :!: sounds as if he was right. You were fortunate with the weather which is another bonus :!:

Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

wezrvf wrote:Overall good weekedn want to do more but really need to get the confidence in the corners a bit more, any help will be great, hehe
You sound completely hyped, Wez... Great to hear. With regard to cornering, I found it a huge help (although I didn't realise at the time) to spend as much time as possible riding behind someone better than me. Doesn't matter what their bike is, you're just able to learn when to brake & what lines to take, etc. You can get all the written & spoken advice in the world, but the only way to truly improve is to practice & following along the lines of a better rider in front will speed things up (in more ways than one :wink: ).

Of course now it's hard for me to find anyone better to follow :wink: :lol: :roll:
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Well said ! When i got the storm i was the same, until i went out with a lad i know on his ZX9R. I couldnt keep up the pace ! And now he has a GSXR1000 but i leave him on the twisties and R1 riders get a shock too !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: