Hello people

General Biker Banter
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

vtr vicki wrote:Welcome BarryH :D
Dont take any notice of them your new baby is a bootiful colour, I have some nail polish in that shade if ever you get a stone chip give me a shout. :wink:
Think my wife might have something to say if I start chipping nail polish!!
I did put a tiny chip in the tank, which I kicked myself for, but its all sorted now with some very very expensive Honda touch up paint and lots of cutting and rubbing!!
vtr vicki

Post by vtr vicki »

Boots No 7 make up range, shade number 015 cost £1.75 for a 3ml bottle. :lol: :lol:
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Vicki ! Dont suppose you know the code to match my Y124 yella paint do ya ? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
vtr vicki

Post by vtr vicki »

Sorry Stu everybody knows that yellow is a bit slow, I only have a sexy red or a really really fast silver :wink: :lol: :lol:
ZIPPER BABE

Post by ZIPPER BABE »

Silver definitely the best col looks good on a bike, looks good on your nails.
I HATE IT WHEN HE PUT'S IT AWAY TOO!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

BarryH wrote: I did put a tiny chip in the tank, which I kicked myself for, but its all sorted now with some very very expensive Honda touch up paint and lots of cutting and rubbing!!
Who supplied your touch up paint Barry :?:

Chris.
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Honda dealer. Tippetts of Surbiton. They were the only dealer out of all I phoned who had it in stock. Bit of a trek to go and get it, but any reason to get on the bike!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

BarryH wrote:Honda dealer. Tippetts of Surbiton. They were the only dealer out of all I phoned who had it in stock. Bit of a trek to go and get it, but any reason to get on the bike!
I only just found out you can get the Firestorm red from Halfords, if they have'nt got it in stock they can mix it for you, if you have the colour code. 300ml touch up paint £7.99 which I did'nt think was to bad,

Chris.
Tony_tbone

Post by Tony_tbone »

Hey Barry, Sweet bike! :D I have a red '98 VTR as well and love it.

What kind of lower fairing quarter is that?? It looks great and wouldn't mind finding one for myself.

Thanks! Tony
'98 VTR1000F - Superhawk 996
Dallas, TX
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

I haven't a clue who made the lower fairing. I've been told its a Pyramid Plastics one. I must admit to not being keen on it. The Powerbronze one looks much better....IMHO
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think its a pyramid ? :roll:
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

I didn't think it was. but was told by the dealer thats who made it. Its keeping the crud off the engine at the moment so I'm leaving it on. When the wife gets over the shock of me buying yet another bike I'll be spending a few beer tokens on a better looking one.
Tony_tbone

Post by Tony_tbone »

Hey Barry, I would buy it off of you but it would probably cost more than it's worth just to ship it to Dallas. :(
'98 VTR1000F - Superhawk 996
Dallas, TX