part number for Honda manual?

General Biker Banter
integerspin

part number for Honda manual?

Post by integerspin »

I wondered if anyone knew the part number for the manual.
Fancied a paper manual.
I know Suzuki manuals are listed on the bike microfiche, I assumed Honda
manuals were but can’t find them on on line parts thingies?

Maybe I need aVTR microfich!
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: part number for Honda manual?

Post by sirch345 »

I don’t suppose this is any use?
http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... bde6b38c25

Chris.
ItsaKeeper

Post by ItsaKeeper »

Tried to get a new OEM Honda manual in the UK but no luck. I ended up using ebay and getting a manual from the States.

My firestorm model is 2003 so I opted for the manual part number 61MBB06 which covers bike years 1998 to 2004.

The seller sends the manual internally in the states to ebay international centre and they send it to the UK, takes 2-3 weeks.

I have done this 3 times for Honda manuals, all with different vendors all shipped via ebay international, delivered by Royal Mail and no VAT / customs duty was ever asked, even Royal Mail delivered as if it was normal mail so didn't ask for a delivery fee.

To keep a clean manual when actually working on the bike I print off the key pages from the PDF copy manual that Chris mentioned in his post above.
integerspin

Post by integerspin »

Thanks for 61MBB06.
Much difference, Superhawk/Firestorm?
ItsaKeeper

Post by ItsaKeeper »

My understanding is that the superhawk is the US name for the firestorm so they are the same bike.

I expect if there are any minor differences between US and UK models the service manual will highlight them.

61MBB06 specifically refers to the USA in some instances for tooling part numbers but also gives rest of world part numbers for the same tool.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

There are currently a number of them on Ebay. bit pricy IMO & from Germany. So check if they are in English before you even think of buying...unless of course you speak German.

I bought one a few years ago off ebay & then later bought an amendment book for the later bikes.

If as suggested you get one from then states remember that they never got the facelift model. & there are differences between UK & US bikes... The L/H switchgear is different as the low beam is on permanently as a running light. The connection is different, so therefore the loom is different.

IIRC they all came with the PAIRS anti smog doo dah as well in the US.

Also it's worth noting that the OEM Honda workshop manual is specifical for Honda workshop technicians. Whereas the Haynes type is for home mechanics. I have both & use the Haynes more. also note there are two types of Haynes available for the Storm. The 2nd version covers all years the 1st only the early bikes not the facelift F2 & on...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pezed

Post by Pezed »

I need a manual I guess, bound to come in handy at some point. Thus far I’ve managed to find all I needed to know from this forum!
I imagine the Haynes will suit my needs, supplemented by pdf printouts. What did we ever do in the ‘ pre digital’ days?!

( only eight more posts to go 🙂)
Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.