Antelope

General Biker Banter
tattie

Antelope

Post by tattie »

Myself and Eicht were out for a trip round the local circuit on Wednesday evening.
Stopped part way through for a fag break for eicht and he goes to pull up outside the local police station, I'm thinking to my self, mmmh, I would'nt stop there when at the last moment he spots the sign and motors on up the street a bit, phew. We set off after a short while. I had meant to say to him to take it canny on the next section of road as the local wildlife have a habit of playing chicken with you.
However on we went and as we approached a fine stretch of blacktop the pace crept up, loveley sweeping bends (you get the picture) then a short straight. All of a sudden this light tan 4 legged thing with antlers decided to hop and skip across the road in front of eicht he was a good 100 yds in front of me. Well he was doing an impression of Norrie Haga with all the twitching and and bucking about and I am saying to myself oh !!ck move to the right, I could of sworn he was heading towards it out of sheer badness. It's back leg just clipped the front of the bike, he straightened things up and proceeded along the road whilst emptying the contents of his bowels from the leathers.
A short distance along the road there was a sign with a deer on it He pointed to it and shook his head. By this time the tears are streaming down my face, then round the next corner there appears a sign with a bloody cow on it.
You've been framed hasn't got a look in.

Home safe and well after that tho.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
tattie

Post by tattie »

Went through one 2 years ago today myself. Like driving over a log, what a bloody mess.

It is that time of year when some of these closed in country roads are possibly best avoided.
That generally means we head over the west, Ullapool, Gairloch, Kyle or North to John O'groats, Thurso, etc.
You usually need a squeegey to get rid of the bloody midgies then.
Stopped at a set of traffic lights on the way home on the Struy, opened the visor then realised the mistake, shared the helmet with about 100 of the little buggers all the way home.
Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
droid

Post by droid »

I ran over a dead cat near Ashbourne.

It was a BIG dead cat though!

OK I'll bugger off....

Droid
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:the deader the cat the better Droid..... i hate the feckers !!!!!
They speak very highly of you.
Rich.

iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:the deader the cat the better Droid..... i hate the feckers !!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."