What do you think is a fair price?

General Biker Banter
andy225

What do you think is a fair price?

Post by andy225 »

Firestorm
Last edited by andy225 on Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2002 VTR1000 firestorm,yellow,blueflame race cans. :D
fabiostar

Re: What do you think is a fair asking price?

Post by fabiostar »

They are a hard bike to put a price on this last while, prices are all over the place.. what id call a good fit bike iv seen then sell for £1200 upto 16 ish but thats for a top notch bike. forget ebay prices the same bikes have been on sale for months in some cases.. what i will say that will worry most buyers who know storms is the fact you have fitted new honda auto ccts :sad2 .... new or otherwise they are a timebomb.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
ADAM1138

Re: What do you think is a fair price?

Post by ADAM1138 »

hi Andy
do you still have it for sale. I am unable to reply to your for sale post or pm you. thanks
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Excuse me guy's, but we have one or two forums rules here, such as:

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Forum rule 11 taken from here:
https://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=19054

Chris (Admin).
ADAM1138

Post by ADAM1138 »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:01 pm Excuse me guy's, but we have one or two forums rules here, such as:

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Chris (Admin).
Is that directed at me? As I joined to see what was for sale, not being able to reply or PM a guy selling a bike is a bit pointless. Neither do I have the time or content to make 50 posts just to ask if a bike, i may be intersted in is or is not for sale. Not particulary helpful is it?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

ADAM1138 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:25 am
sirch345 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:01 pm Excuse me guy's, but we have one or two forums rules here, such as:

Chris (Admin).
Is that directed at me? As I joined to see what was for sale, not being able to reply or PM a guy selling a bike is a bit pointless. Neither do I have the time or content to make 50 posts just to ask if a bike, i may be intersted in is or is not for sale. Not particulary helpful is it?
Yes it was directed at you. The rule was introduced as we had some issues with folks joining to sell stuff only to find out that they were scamming bastids taking peoples money & not sending the goods... Bad apples and all that... Sorry but dem's the rules.

If he still has it & sees this he may contact you directly then again he might not...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
ADAM1138

Post by ADAM1138 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:05 pm

Chris (Admin).
Yes it was directed at you. The rule was introduced as we had some issues with folks joining to sell stuff only to find out that they were scamming bastids taking peoples money & not sending the goods... Bad apples and all that... Sorry but dem's the rules.

If he still has it & sees this he may contact you directly then again he might not...
dead helpful, mate.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

woohoo! entitled 'R' us!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Chris (Admin).
Yes it is directed at you (as Mac said) as obviously you haven't had time to take a look at our forum rules. There is nothing wrong with a forum member asking what a bike might be worth to get an idea, but the 50 post rule is here for very good reason as Mac explained when it comes to selling something on here.

Our forum is a place for like minded people who are motorcycle enthusiasts, they can receive help here from very knowledgeable members when it comes to repairs, rebuilds, including engine rebuilds and general servicing for the Honda Firestorm (Superhawk in USA) plus a whole host of other things motorcycle related. The fact we have things come up for sale from time to time here is not really what this forum is about.

If you are that strapped for time I suggest using Ebay, Auto-Trader, Facebook Market Place or Gumtree, we cannot change rule (11) to suit individuals, that would be very unfair,

Chris (Admin).
ADAM1138

Post by ADAM1138 »

haynesjones66 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:30 pm woohoo! entitled 'R' us!!
woohoo too stupid not to see thru a scam on the internet and get ripped off are us. :D
ADAM1138

Post by ADAM1138 »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:56 pm

Chris (Admin).
Yes it is directed at you (as Mac said) as obviously you haven't had time to take a look at our forum rules. There is nothing wrong with a forum member asking what a bike might be worth to get an idea, but the 50 post rule is here for very good reason as Mac explained when it comes to selling something on here.

Our forum is a place for like minded people who are motorcycle enthusiasts, they can receive help here from very knowledgeable members when it comes to repairs, rebuilds, including engine rebuilds and general servicing for the Honda Firestorm (Superhawk in USA) plus a whole host of other things motorcycle related. The fact we have things come up for sale from time to time here is not really what this forum is about.

If you are that strapped for time I suggest using Ebay, Auto-Trader, Facebook Market Place or Gumtree, we cannot change rule (11) to suit individuals, that would be very unfair,

Chris (Admin).
Yeah fine I did read the rules actually. So how is asking the guy if he still has the bike an issue in this thread exactly? or sending a PM ? Why no post some buying guidelines so the innocent sheeples don't get ripped off by scams? and how exactly by asking somene if a bike is for sale is the seller going to get ripped off? when did i ask you to change the rules? I posted in a thread I am allowed to post in. Seller of the bike doesn't have 50 posts anyway.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not sure you're going to fit in here.
Try Facebook.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Adam1138. If don't like the way it works. Scroll on & dont let the door hit you on the way out. Or stick around when you get a Storm & join in the banter. Oh for your information if someone wants to get in touch they can pm you & you can read it just not reply till the 50 post rule kicks in.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

anyway, bored with this now. i'd say £1200 is a fair price for andy's bike or you could buy cheaper rubbish on fleabay.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

ADAM1138, I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. You know the score so you can decide for yourself if it's for you or not,

Chris (Admin).