Suitable Motorcycle Lifts

General Biker Banter
Superclean

Suitable Motorcycle Lifts

Post by Superclean »

Hello Wise and Experienced Members,

I just bought my second blue 2003 VTR. This one has 22,000 kms on it and is in great shape! I would even go so far as to say mint. I am pulling the wheels to get new tires put on at the dealer as well as changing all fluids. I am looking at lifts so I can get the wheels off. Does a scissor lift like the type you’d use on a cruiser work for the VTR?

Thank you 🍻

Will
ItsaKeeper

Re: Suitable Motorcycle Lifts

Post by ItsaKeeper »

Hi - There are lots of options to get the wheels off. Have a look at abbastands.co.uk to get some ideas, a very popular product. Paddock stands front and rear also do the job, useful to get ones with wheels so that they slide into position and the bike doesn't move.

Scissor lifts are great and will also work for lots of bike work, you can add a 'mini me' scissor lift on the main lift to raise the wheels off the ground, you can add paddock stands, front chock and rear wheel removal gate. There are some great scissor lifts (at a price). Check out rsworkshopequipment.com for some ideas.

I also have a 2003 Blue VTR and think it is brilliant :D

Cheers
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you're using a small platform lift I'd advise loosening the wheel nuts before you hoist it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Superclean

Post by Superclean »

Thank you guys!

Cheers