Raise seat height in front

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Acke

Raise seat height in front

Post by Acke »

Hello!

I'm somewhat suffering from squished balls from sliding towards the tank at all times.
Tried scooting myself back a bit but as soon as it vibrates or braking I slide all the way forward which isn't very pleasant... :oops:
Is there a smart or easy way to raise the front of the seat by adding another lip to slide the saddle into? :thumbup:
MacV2

Re: Raise seat height in front

Post by MacV2 »

Ger it re upholsterd. Explain what you want re extra padding.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Don't use Pledge on the seat.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Acke

Post by Acke »

MacV2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:40 pm Ger it re upholsterd. Explain what you want re extra padding.
Re upholstered?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Acke wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:24 pm
MacV2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:40 pm Ger it re upholsterd. Explain what you want re extra padding.
Re upholstered?
Have it recovered with inserts such as a bump stop (raised section to protect the family jewels from hitting the tank) plus other options in foam selection etc.

I have heard good results from Elsemade:
https://elsemade.com/

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Also recommend fitting something like stompgripz to the tank so you can grip the tank with your thighs when braking. It’s a good thing to do for the Handling of the bike as the only forces on the bars are now for control of bike, not support of your weight, and it keeps your Crown Jewels off the tank (until you hit a car!, don’t ask me how I know!)
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Empty ya sack before a ride lol .
sisumi

Post by sisumi »

I use a Tribo seat cover at the passenger end - it stopped my kids sliding around. On their site it only shows passenger seats, but there must be something similar for a whole seat out there.
Harveyz

Post by Harveyz »

I had a similar issue as mine has a WP shock which is longer than stock to sit the bike more on its nose - great turn in but you're constantly sliding forward so loads of weight on the bars - fitted eazi-grip pro tank pad - a revelation - you can grip the tank with you knees and they're so grippy when setting up a corner you can stay fixed in place with just the inside of you knee on one leg while braking hard - we'll worth £38