VTR1000 Versus CBR900RR Rider Comfort

General Biker Banter
Monty_goldwing

VTR1000 Versus CBR900RR Rider Comfort

Post by Monty_goldwing »

Hi All

Appreciate joining this group - I am a keen motorcycle rider - I enjoy riding and tinkering with machines

I want to start a project bike and cant decide whether to do a 2000 or so blade or a VTR - I've had blades in the past when I was much younger but never had a Firestorm

Looking for input from your knowledge on the differences from a ride position and comfort perspective between the two bikes

Look forward to hearing some of your opinions

Thanks
lloydie

Re: VTR1000 Versus CBR900RR Rider Comfort

Post by lloydie »

Blades are not as comfortable as the vtr and the blades are a lot more expensive to do anything to .

If you do go for a blade don’t buy a carb bike pre 2000 unless you want to spend spend spend .

In my opinion the vtr is the better option , it’s just a shame about the fuel range .
Monty_goldwing

Post by Monty_goldwing »

Thanks for that - good info
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Someone else with the same question some years ago:
viewtopic.php?p=31488

Personally I would say the two bikes in question are very different to each other.

What does it for me with the Firestorm is the big Vee twin engine, you don't have to rev it very much to get the low down grunt (torque) to do it's magic, whereas the 4 cylinder Blade engine begs to be revved hard IMHO.

The Firestorm will benefit with freer flowing end can's, uprated suspension and tweaked front brakes. The Blade front brakes will probably already be there, but would most likely also benefit from the other two.

My thoughts are you really need to get yourself a ride on a Firestorm, and even a Blade if you've not ridden one for some years. You should then have a better idea of which bike will suit you best,

Chris.

PS. Lloydie mentioned the lack of fuel range. The later bikes have the bigger 19ltr tank, whereas the earlier bikes had a 16ltr tank in the UK,