Happy Christmas to all you feckers

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Happy Christmas to all you feckers

Post by AMCQ46 »

Happy Christmas my fellow Firestorm Forum friends (and even KevL :lol: ).

Thanks for all the laughs......on the road when we meet up, round a camp fire having a beer and on the forum for the bits in between...... It's helped keep life fun as the rest of the world spins into oblivion.

Hope you and your families are all well, and you have a good Christmas break so we can start again with 2023.

22 was a strange year for me as I retired in April, after being a workaholic stress head for the previous 40yrs! But that did mean I was able to come to all of the OP Storm meetings and also stop on for the extended session in Ireland, to build up some good memories.
On top of that I have picked up the RD400 drag bike project, got out racing on the pit bike SuperMoto, went to see 60 bands, went to New Zeland for a month, hosted a VTR BBQ sleepover and did all the groundwork so my daughter could have her wedding in the field behind my house. So I am not bored yet.

For 23 I want to .....

Get the drag bike running, then dyno it so I know it won't explode, then race it.
Get the VTR out on a few track days.
Do all the OP storm weekends (even if I will be on the KTM for some).
See even more bands (both old and new),
Do a bike tour into Spain via the Pyrenees,
Do either Ireland or Scotland tour.
Learn to weld (Cheekykev, I am looking at you here :D )
Decorate the outside of the house, fixing all the woodwork at the same time
Host a vtr workshop or BBQ weekend.

See you next year, hope you have fun.
AMcQ
MacV2

Re: Happy Christmas to all you feckers

Post by MacV2 »

As a 100% Grinch re xmas...Basicaly I dont give a fek about it!

But happy holidays anyway.

Yep I took early retiment but soon run out of money & got really bored so went back to work. Fairly stress free but outside all day more or less, got a bit wet yesterday...hahahaha

Already looking forward to Devon & Wales & shoud have another GrainStorm to look forward to as well...Thats if anyone can be botherd coming along.

Enjoy your xmasday.

Go easy on the chocolate, trifle & the booze. Look forward to the new socks.

:beer:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Thats an impressive to do list as was your 2022, knocks my retirement stuff for six. Happy holidays to all and heres to a great 2023.
MickMick

Post by MickMick »

Merry Christmas. No plans for the storm as I need to work on my Cb750.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Merry Xmas all . Glad you’re taking the time to enjoy life at last Amcq .

For 23 I just want to manage to meet up with all you old tarts at Devon and finish the blade .
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Happy festive non-denominational few days off, all.

I planned my long-awaited retirement for July 23, but thanks to political incompetence and a succession of hopeless prime minister's, I'll be deferring that for another year. Pension has been decimated. Ah, well, working from home for four days/week isn't exactly working, really.

On a positive note, in '23 I'm off to the TT for the first time in 30 years, but the trade- off was not going to Scotland or NI next year- but I'll be back in '24 for both.

Very much looking forward to every other forum meet next year!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Merry Christmas everyone
I’m with Mac on the festive crap Image
I also retired in April like Al, but have done nothing anywhere near his adventures apart from my first Storm meetings to Devon & Wales which were both brilliant but costly as I sold the FJ in favour of a 1260 Multistrada after the Wales trip.

My plans for 2023 are the TT & Devon on the Ducati along with the world famous Grainstorm.

Then have a few holidays booked then to get my RD350LC on the road.

Then thanks to Sadik Kunt I will need to sell my car my TDR 250 and my Streetfighter Storm as they won’t meet the ULEZ emissions Image

But hopefully 2023 will be far better for most of us 🫰

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I'm with mac & Duffy on the Xmas thing.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have a great Christmas, however you’re celebrating (or just getting pished!)
I got a great pressie on Thursday at 12:15, Jessica was born weighing in at 6lb. Her brother was born on the 19/12/19 and Jessica was born 22/12/22, hmmmm some kind of spooky code! Anyway that’s 6 grandchildren my plans for world domination progress at a pace!!

Let’s hope 2023 is kind to everyone (even AlMcQ 😉)
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

A Merry Christmas to you all, and a better New Year!

Al, after reading what you have fitted in this year I think you need to get back to work for a rest :lol: :lol:
All joking aside an amazing accomplishment :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to seeing/hearing how the drag bike project develops,

Chris.

PS. Nice one Kev :D
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Kev L wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:13 pm Have a great Christmas, however you’re celebrating (or just getting pished!)
I got a great pressie on Thursday at 12:15, Jessica was born weighing in at 6lb. Her brother was born on the 19/12/19 and Jessica was born 22/12/22, hmmmm some kind of spooky code! Anyway that’s 6 grandchildren my plans for world domination progress at a pace!!

You are catching me up Kev.i have 9 grandchildren.7 boys and 2 girls,ages ranging from 13 years old to 22.Expensive time of the year for me.Congratulations.
Last edited by alanfjones1411 on Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev L wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:13 pm Have a great Christmas, however you’re celebrating (or just getting pished!)

Congratulations grandad :wave: :thumbup:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:25 am

Congratulations grandad :wave: :thumbup:
hes still a granny fecker :beer: :beer: congrats kevin
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Merry X mas All
Congrats to Grandad Kev

Can’t wait to see what the new year brings. That last one was pretty good with plenty of bike trips with good friends. Next year is shaping up but hopefully without the covid, political unrest, a ducked up enconomy, soaring fuel prices and a war in the Ukraine.
It’s gotta get better in 2023 right?

Pete.l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Seasons greetings to you all too.

That's some list @AMCQ46 if you get all that done you'll have had a truly excellent 2023.

I also retired this year, although I'm calling it a work break as I feel far too young to use that word. I've had loads more time for the gee-gees and cycling but I haven't made much progress with the bike. The wheels are away for powder coating so once they're back I need to make a concerted effort to get it back together and running again.

So for 2023 I'm promising myself it will be a usable bike again. Now I've said it publicly I'll have to get it done. Especially as I want to get on some Op Storm weekends. It would be nice to get it back on track too.

I want to get over to see my kids in France which I haven't done for too long. Could be a road trip there. I also want to tick a few more firsts off on the horse: first dressage test, first hunter trials and maybe my first eventing comp.

Hopefully everyone has a better 2023 than 2022.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk