Honda Hawk 1100

General Biker Banter
bertye

Honda Hawk 1100

Post by bertye »

Just found this, what a bike. All in Japanizes, but a good look over the bike. Sounds just like the VTR. Eyes shut and you'd think in was one.
AMCQ46

Re: Honda Hawk 1100

Post by AMCQ46 »

good find.

you are right about the sound, that sounds like a good V2, but then you look at the engine and I am afraid that Africa Twin engine is fugly!

the rest of the bike looks pretty good, but I can't see past the engine :lol:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Jesus that really does sound like a big V :eek2 :clap: :clap: i take it it has some kinda strange 270 degree type firing order?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for posting that up Bertye 8)

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Shame everything has to be the same configuration though. They’ve announced a new Hornet as well and yet again it’s a parallel twin.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:01 pm Shame everything has to be the same configuration though. They’ve announced a new Hornet as well and yet again it’s a parallel twin.

£$£$£$£ Bean counters rule the roost not the designers...

They make more money flogging 125/200 to the Asian market than they do selling the odd 1000 or so big bikes in Europe... 600 sports bikes no can them, we have this P2 engine lets use that in various different bikes to save on developing 6 different new motors...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Glad we had choice through the majority of our riding term. 2 stroke, 4 stroke, fiddler, singles, twins, triples, fours, sixes (even V8’s), all with a variety of head angles and configurations.
I consider myself blessed to have ridden, worked on, seen and heard the majority of these options.
Shame really at a time when bike fatalities are at a low point and the interest of youngsters is higher than it’s been for a long time, that the choice seems so restricted.
Or is it just Honda going through one of their dodgy design periods.🤔
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:58 pm Glad we had choice through the majority of our riding term. 2 stroke, 4 stroke, fiddler, singles, twins, triples, fours, sixes (even V8’s), all with a variety of head angles and configurations.
I consider myself blessed to have ridden, worked on, seen and heard the majority of these options.

Shame really at a time when bike fatalities are at a low point and the interest of youngsters is higher than it’s been for a long time, that the choice seems so restricted.
Or is it just Honda going through one of their dodgy design periods.🤔
Here here :thumbup:

Well put Kev I feel the same 8) 8)
At least WE had the options,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Well said Kev.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN