What to do near Worcester?

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

What to do near Worcester?

Post by tony.mon »

So I've booked a place with a hot tub near Worcester for a few days next week, any recommendations as to thing to see and do?
I'll be in the van with the better half, so no favourite roads!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Re: What to do near Worcester?

Post by lloydie »

Malvern is a nice place to visit with good shops and views .
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

King John is in the Cathedral......hes dead tho, bit of history Tone, Magna Carta an all that.
The Commandery in Worcester..civil war stuff, "my kingdom for a horse" Charles the 1
Don't go drinking in the town centre on a night, at the week end, its Dodge city :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Tony.

City cathedral is great as steve said, and also walking the malvern hills as Lloydie added.

On top of that is Croome Court, a national trust property that has fantastic parklands that were designed by Capability Brown, but it also has a museum for the WW2 airbase that used to be there.

Then if you are lucky there could be an event on at Shelsley Walsh hill climb

https://www.shelsleywalsh.com/events
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thanks, all. Turns out I didn't get to see any of that.
Booked into our lakeside lodge Monday eve, pub meal, sat in the hot tub for an hour with a bottle of port, bat watching and dodging mosquitos, then watched a film.

Got two hours sleep before I had to take the wife to Worcestershire Royal Hospital, where she stayed until yesterday afternoon.
Gall stones blocked the liver duct, and she had pneumonia from aspirating food into her lungs. Oramorpoh, antibiotics, and a cocktail of other drugs were freely administered.

As they kept saying "we can probably discharge today" I sat around in the digs waiting for a call for four days.
We'll try again another time.

Still, lakeside lodge, food, alcohol, cocktail, drugs, it could have been worse...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wow !

I hope all is good now for Mrs Mon's...It's not like she has enough to go through in life putting up with you! :wink:

GWS Nicole.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nasty business Tony, hope she gets well soon.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:05 am Thanks, all. Turns out I didn't get to see any of that.
Booked into our lakeside lodge Monday eve, pub meal, sat in the hot tub for an hour with a bottle of port, bat watching and dodging mosquitos, then watched a film.

Got two hours sleep before I had to take the wife to Worcestershire Royal Hospital, where she stayed until yesterday afternoon.
Gall stones blocked the liver duct, and she had pneumonia from aspirating food into her lungs. Oramorpoh, antibiotics, and a cocktail of other drugs were freely administered.

As they kept saying "we can probably discharge today" I sat around in the digs waiting for a call for four days.
We'll try again another time.

Still, lakeside lodge, food, alcohol, cocktail, drugs, it could have been worse...
8O That must have been a fairly scary time for you both and painful for your wife.

I do hope your wife is on the mend now Tony :?:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nicole says thanks for the good wishes, very kind.
She's picked up a bit today, trying to get small but regular meals but in a strictly low fat diet, so nothing in stock works.
We'll be in the queue at the NHS with the other six million people waiting for a date to have her gall bladder removed.

As long as it's not the week we're going to NI for the forum meet we can wait.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:47 pm Nicole says thanks for the good wishes, very kind.
She's picked up a bit today, trying to get small but regular meals but in a strictly low fat diet, so nothing in stock works.
We'll be in the queue at the NHS with the other six million people waiting for a date to have her gall bladder removed.

As long as it's not the week we're going to NI for the forum meet we can wait.
Good to hear your wife picked up a bit yesterday Tony, hopefully that has continued today.
Good luck with getting to grips with the low fat diet, that is not easy, although I'm sure that will help her. I remember the pain my wife was in some years ago with her gallstones. She ended up having her gallbladder removed,

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sorry to hear this Tony, I hope Nicole is on the mend soon mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I thought the yellow eyes from the jaundice rather suited her, but she wasn't keen to leave them like that.
On the plus side I waited until she was hallucinating from the pain and suggested that the only way she could make it up to me was to book the TT next year, and she gave in.

So it was all worth it in the end.

The crossings are booked, just got to pin down a campsite or digs. Due to not many crossings left available,we miss the first race day, and arrive early on Sunday of race week, leaving a few days after it all finishes on the Thursday, giving us a chance to look around the island a bit.

In the van with the bike in the back, so I get to play over the mountain some of the time.
Can't wait!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sounds like a nightmare for your wife tony 8O , as if her life wasn't tough enough having to control you!!

Hope she is on the mend now
AMcQ
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Just seen this, best of luck to your good lady, I hope things move along quickly.