Missfire

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
ArnorVest

Missfire

Post by ArnorVest »

Hi guys, so I have a problem with my bike if you have any knowledge of what could cause the problem on my bike any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The problem is that my bike is missfireing on low rpms especially when engaged in gear not idling and the bike is at its worst under 3500 rpms over that I don't notice this problem.
Sometimes if you rev it in free gear it shoots out flames on the left pipe wich connects to the rear cylinder. And you notice the tip left pipe is alot dirtier than on the right one looks like it possibly could be running rich on the rear cylinder?

Best regards from Iceland
8541Hawk

Re: Missfire

Post by 8541Hawk »

Most common would be dirty or clogged pilot jets. Though a failing pulse generator might also show some of these issues. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
tony.mon

Re: Missfire

Post by tony.mon »

The exhaust is joined together, so you can't equate a problem with one side of the cans with a particular cylinder.
There is a restrictor in the exhaust (which you can see if you remove the RH can and link pipe and look down into the collector), so most of the gas exits via the LH one.

Other suspects are coils breaking down- you can test this by checking carefully to see which downpipes is cooler than the other- then swapping the coils to see if the problem also moves to the other cylinder.

Apart from that, carbs (debris or gum in the bowl or jets) or fuel tap gasket split- this will over fuel the rear one usually.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.