Yellow RH Fairing Panel

Moderator: VTRDark

parkergb6

Yellow RH Fairing Panel

Post by parkergb6 »

Evening Gents,
Long time no speak. Hope all are well. I am hoping you can help. Some dipstick reversed into my parked bike today and knocked it on its side.
Appears only damage is to RH Fairing panel, Inner panel that indicator mounts to, and the RH arm of the metal support frame underneath.And a Dark Front Screen and RH Indicator and wing mirror.
If this goes through insurance not only will they write it off Ill have to declare for 5 years insurance.
The offender has said they will pay outside of insurance. Cant find any relevant fairing on ebay apart from some chinese stuff. It is possible my old panel may be repairable as its cracked and split just above wing mirror mount.
Can anyone help?
MacV2

Re: Yellow RH Fairing Panel

Post by MacV2 »

Sorry to hear of your woes...

Dont tell me they didnt see it...That big yellow thing !

Have a search for a local body shop if they can't do it they might no some one who does. Or just straight search for plastic repairs local to you.

The clock mount you can bend back straight, use a bit of scaffold or any pipe that fits over it... Bend it out a bit at a time until it looks right, proof in the pudding is if the fairing lines up ok...It's a case of bend, fit, check, remove, bend..ect ect till its bob on.

Might be able to help with the inner panel, indi & mirror...PM me.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Cheers, pm sent. Going to try and straighten mount today
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

New PM incoming...

:thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...